11-07-10 12:00 PM
31 12
tools
    Finally someone said it. I just read this thread waiting to say the same exact thing. When are people going to realize they're are both equally effective devices in the work place. Get over yourselves. Once you come to grips with this a lot of the bickering on this site will stop.
    Can't agree with you more.
    11-07-10 09:09 AM
    Be very careful my friend, I got called the following for calling iPhone a toy in this forum:

I agree with you but apparently some people don't and they tend to become very aggressive.

Just an advance warning my friend
    While I appreciate the advice I do not now, not have I ever, apologized for my opinion. It's my right to speak my mind and if others disagree then by all means it's theirs as well, I'm the same way in the firehouse as are all my brother's, we may not all agree on everything but at the end of the day when we're in the thick of things I know they have my back and I have theirs. In other words, to each their own.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by Nozzles Brewin; 11-07-10 at 11:41 AM.
    11-07-10 09:54 AM
    As the iPhone matures through updates, perhaps we'll see more of these types of situations occurring in the US corporate environment... Bank of America considering Apple iPhone over Blackberry for corporate emails | Morning City News

If CitiGroup and Bank of America, with over 500,000 employees combined, are considering replacing BlackBerry with iPhone, can you keep saying BlackBerry is more efficient for buisness use than an iPhone? Or, perhaps, it doesn't matter anymore whether BlackBerry is "more ___ than" the iPhone because the iPhone is close enough and perhaps cheaper and more popular to use than the BlackBerry. As that article points out, though, those two companies are not dumping the BlackBerry but they are testing both iPhone and Android devices. The challenge to RIM is that an Android device is not a "toy". It has much of the same functionality of both the iPhone and BlackBerry. So, they may not go with iPhone but still replace the BlackBerry with an Android device.

One comment about the "toy" label. The iPhone is ONE model. The BlackBerry has what, 5 models at least. How many Android models are there? And yet, the iPhone is still leading the pack. And.. it's only available through one carrier in the US. With a bad signal reputation. ONE model. (When I say model, I am not talking annual upgrades. I talking about how many phones the OS releases each year. BlackBerry has the Storm, Tour, Curve, Bold, and Torch. Android has a bunch too. But Apple only has the iPhone. ONE model is still dominating the US market.) I believe the Nokia dominates the world market, but iPhone is very popular globally, too. So, I guess the consumer masses want their "toy" as their personal phone. And, I guess they are begging their bosses to let them bring their "toy" to work. Labels aside, the iPhone and Android devices present a serious long-term threat to RIM's standing as a market leader. I don't see RIM going out of business anytime soon, but I do see the likelihood of them losing their market leader status within the next 2 years. People who love BlackBerry will likely continue to buy BlackBerry. It's the new customer that RIM needs to be worried about.. will that prospective smartphone customer buy BlackBerry or Iphone / Android?
    11-07-10 11:08 AM
    Be very careful my friend, I got called the following for calling iPhone a toy in this forum:

I agree with you but apparently some people don't and they tend to become very aggressive.

Just an advance warning my friend

Me neither man I never apologized. I am still behind what I have said before. All Non-BB phones are toys, especially the iPhone. Im just warning you, this is a very partisan town...
    It is not appropriate to post that content on a family and work place friendly forum.

All members are encouraged to report abuse violations, including those in PM messages.

We want to accommodate all members viewpoints, but you must do it within our guidelines and standards of conduct.

Our members will help you figure it out.
    11-07-10 11:18 AM
    Oh so you are not doing anything about the hundreds and hundreds of insults I have received since my membership but quote me to make an example out of warning me. Maannn comeeee ooooonnnn
    In defense of the staff you have to understand that they can't be everywhere at once, like Read said, you can report said issues and that is guaranteed to be seen by a staff member.
    11-07-10 11:44 AM
    Oh so you are not doing anything about the hundreds and hundreds of insults I have received since my membership but quote me to make an example out of warning me. Maannn comeeee ooooonnnn
    In the short time you have been a member here, we have responded to multiple instances of inappropriate and offensive behaviour. You continue this in your current posting, knowing you are subject to enhanced moderation.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f39/pos...uidelines-113/

Inappropriate Content/ Language
    Please keep posts and links family appropriate. The administrator’s and moderator’s reserve the right to delete posts at their discretion if they are deemed inappropriate or offensive. Users will be given a warning for the first violation; any subsequent violation could result in a ban from the forum.

Personal Attacks
    Do not flame, insult or post personal attacks against other users. Be courteous, not rude. Any instances or reports of harassment of members will be treated seriously. CrackBerry.com has a zero tolerance policy against this kind of behavior, which may result with an immediate temporary or permanent ban at moderators' discretion. CrackBerry.com is a friendly place - treat members with respect at all times. If you don't have something nice to say, do not say it!

11-07-10 12:00 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD