I didn't make a "mistake" when I left BB.

I made a decision - one that was best for me.
    What do u have now?

Sent from another device other than my Q10 ,using CB Forums
    05-20-14 12:57 PM
    What do u have now?

5C.

And before anyone asks, no I haven't tried BB10. I can't. The apps I need aren't there and no, I don't mean Angry Birds. I mean work related apps I have to have for my job.
    05-20-14 01:00 PM
    5C.

And before anyone asks, no I haven't tried BB10. I can't. The apps I need aren't there and no, I don't mean Angry Birds. I mean work related apps I have to have for my job.
    Lol

05-20-14 01:03 PM
    5C.

Can't you sideload them via snap?

05-20-14 01:03 PM
    Can't you sideload them via snap?

I haven't tried.

Don't some ported apps work and some don't? Are these side loaded apps not officially supported? Do they ever get updates?

I'm a medical coder so updated apps are pretty important to my job. I can't code stuff using an app that never gets updated.
    05-20-14 01:08 PM
    I haven't tried.

Don't some ported apps work and some don't? Are these side loaded apps not officially supported? Do they ever get updates?

I'm a medical coder so updated apps are pretty important to my job. I can't code stuff using an app that never gets updated.
    Many do work, some don't work 100%. Depends what you have. I'm not sure if they can be updated, although I'm sure someone will jump in to clarify that.

05-20-14 01:12 PM

Side note, I don't know why anyone would be ashamed to use any phone if they like it. If anyone honestly worries that much about what device they are using that could cause them shame I think there are bigger issues to deal with.
    I actually do know some people with self esteem that low. Afraid to stand out for any reason. And yes, they do have bigger problems. But indeed they do exist. They were easier to pick out in high school.

Posted via CB10
    05-20-14 01:19 PM
    If you accept that theory, which to me is silly, then such people would likely be more ashamed about actually switching to a BlackBerry phone, than about giving up their iPhone and Samsung phone. Rightly or wrongly, BlackBerry doesn't have a great reputation among the general public.

But then the "shame" wouldn't be about admitting they made a mistake. It would be about being "stupid" enough to go back to BlackBerry.

To be clear, I haven't gone back to BlackBerry, but if you Google my name and BlackBerry, you can find plenty of examples of me giving writers grief over articles they have written that cast BlackBerry or BlackBerry users in a negative light. I have high hopes for the company, and their devices.

I actually do know some people with self esteem that low. Afraid to stand out for any reason. And yes, they do have bigger problems. But indeed they do exist. They were easier to pick out in high school.

Posted via CB10
    05-20-14 01:42 PM
    Many do work, some don't work 100%. Depends what you have. I'm not sure if they can be updated, although I'm sure someone will jump in to clarify that.

Yes they can be updated via snap or other Android client

Posted via CB10
    05-20-14 02:04 PM
    Yes they can be updated via snap or other Android client

Posted via CB10
    Not as reliably its Not like the Google play Store there is no autovetting because you actually need Google play services for That

This is where the google play app checks to see If You have the correct and latest version and If there is any malicious code

please guys its his job he is talking about Dont have Him gamble with his livelyhood

Sideloading isnt for amateurs Nor is It straightforward as some settings has to be rewritten even th�n its iffy

Medical professionals use other platforms because they know its works and what they need is available to th�m
    With sideloading you cannot ask the app Developer for help because you arent using a supported platform

Posted via CrackBerry App
    GingerSnapsBack likes this.
    05-20-14 03:37 PM
    I'm guessing you only tried snap? Others do notify you about upgrades so I'm not sure what you're on about.
    Side loading isn't easy? It takes less than 2 mins and is pretty straight forward, especially if you're using the chrome add on.

Posted via CB10
    05-20-14 04:09 PM
    I'm sorry... But how is it considered an improvement if you stop using an Android device that DOES work with a certain app, to using a Blackberry that MIGHT work with a certain app?
    I don't thing being ashamed has anything really significant to do with using a Blackberry. They either
    A) Don't know Blackberry came out with a new line of devices.
    B) Don't care that Blackberry has new devices because they are happy with their current device.
    C) Tried a new Blackberry but found them not to their liking.
    D) Bought a new Blackberry and are genuinely happy.
    Blackberry put themselves in this position by underestimating the competition and is now paying the price. That's the reality of the marketplace.

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums mobile app
    tr1ad and GingerSnapsBack like this.
    05-20-14 04:37 PM
    I'm sorry... But how is it considered an improvement if you stop using an Android device that DOES work with a certain app, to using a Blackberry that MIGHT work with a certain app?
    I don't thing being ashamed has anything really significant to do with using a Blackberry. They either
    A) Don't know Blackberry came out with a new line of devices.
    B) Don't care that Blackberry has new devices because they are happy with their current device.
    C) Tried a new Blackberry but found them not to their liking.
    D) Bought a new Blackberry and are genuinely happy.
    Blackberry put themselves in this position by underestimating the competition and is now paying the price. That's the reality of the marketplace.

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums mobile app
    Well said
    Remeber you are talking about his Job some people seem to forget That they are talking someones Bread and butter Not their personal phone

Posted via CrackBerry App
    05-20-14 05:23 PM
    I haven't tried.

A good number of Android apps will work, but not all. Snap is suppose to download directly from Google Play so will show updates when they are available, however I wouldn't expect any official support from devs should you run into issues.
    GingerSnapsBack likes this.
    05-20-14 08:35 PM
64 123