I got an e-mail this morning saying that a new software update is available for my blackberry. It also says something about me being able to do this over the wireless network but that charges may apply. Are they referring to data charges? I don't want to do this but it's my only option seeing as I don't have internet access on my computer right now.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-26-10 02:59 PM
    If your plan is unlimited data, you will be alright. The only thing (I've personally never done this) is that I think it would take a GOOD amount of time to download, haha.

Good luck.
    08-26-10 03:02 PM
    Yeah it is data charges. Depending on the size of the update, your phone might stop you from using it for upto an hour while it updates, however you can use your phone while downloading the update.
    08-26-10 03:08 PM
    Some of us prefer to upgrade via a computer. You are a bit more in control. You can do a manual backup and then start the upgrade on the computer and allow it to do an automatic backup - that way you are covered. It generally goes faster on the computer and with usb plugged in, your battery does not become an issue.

But folks have also been doing the OTA backups, too.
    08-26-10 05:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD