I am currently @ a hospital in orlando with my trusty BB pearl. There's a man down the hall with a dog who (the dog) can press the nurse call button when he has a seizure. My wife walks the dog since he can't. Well I went to see him and he has the ATT BB curve which his dog has been trained to dial 911 on! Yes the dog can call 911 on a BB. He has some water damage from a drop so it don't work so well but. Had to share this. I wish I could afford to get him a new BB.

He also said you could google begal belle and its all over the web. Have not tried it myself.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-15-08 08:45 PM
    Cool story. Dogs can be trained to do so many amazing things. It just takes someone with a lot of patience to work with them. They are very intelligent. I have 2 smart dogs...although, not trained to use my BB! I wouldn't want to share it with them anyway! LOL
    10-15-08 08:48 PM
    I spelled beagle wrong in the OP but morphine and oxy can mess up anyone.

10-15-08 08:52 PM
    I spelled beagle wrong in the OP but morphine and oxy can mess up anyone.

I knew what you meant. Hope you get better soon!
    10-15-08 08:56 PM
    Wow that's a cool story....hope you get better.
    10-15-08 09:09 PM
    I googled the dog and like the top 3 were her!!

As for me thanks I just went though my last surgery which left me in a lot of pain in a personal area and with a serious infection but I am pretty sure they saved my kidney. Been here since Monday but they are working hard to get me fixed up. I know my BB is getting used over time reading CB and viigo news.

10-15-08 09:12 PM
    I got to meet this dog and she is amazing. Not so sure I would want her using my BB tho her teeth sure are sharp lol

10-26-08 09:54 AM
    Very cool story - and he's right - it's all over the web! Get well soon.
    10-26-08 09:59 AM
    wow, thats crazy...my dog would probly just chew my berry up to pieces instead lmao
    10-26-08 11:09 AM
    I can imagine the situation now... "911. State your emergency." "WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF!"
    10-26-08 11:17 AM
    I can barely get my fingers to dial the correct numbers on that little keypad, amazing that a dog can do it!
    10-26-08 11:46 AM
    BTW, you didn't say why you were at the hospital, but if it's you getting care, hope all is well!
    10-26-08 11:46 AM
    Thesultan whom are wondering about? Well tigger and I are married. I was in to have a stent removed from my kidney.

10-26-08 01:32 PM
    AWeee what a smart pooch! My Bella(102lb lab lol) would prob steal it and just nibble until it was gone!
    10-26-08 03:34 PM
    Get well soon and thanks for sharing.

10-26-08 03:38 PM
    Thats awesome, took me forever just to train my dog to go outside!
    10-26-08 03:42 PM
    I think its awesome to own a service dog. They are so dependable and loyal. and lets not forget super smart.
    10-26-08 03:55 PM
    Yeah, that is a great story. I just passed on a couple of those articles to an older friend suggesting she send her Dogs to school

Wishing you a good recovery back to health. I know, Blackberry's are real handy when your in the hospital. Not to long ago I found myself in Emergency and was emailing friends and checking out Crackberry. Now I've got my phone loaded up with some music, a few TV shows and a couple Movies in case that happens again.

I remember when I was surprised by a Surgeon who suddenly appered through the drawn curtain when I was just on my BB and I caught him taking a good gander at my Bold.

Take care!
    10-26-08 04:01 PM
    Great story mac! I hope you are doping better & get to go home soon!

10-26-08 04:03 PM
    I keep about 3 movies and 20-30 songs on it just in case. I have been in and out of the hospital so much in the past 6 months and there could be more, so I am wanting the Flip with its larger screen and everything plus its easier to hid and keep safe unlike a laptop.
    10-26-08 04:06 PM
    What happens when the dog gets someone on the line? I'm guessing the owner needs to be conscious and able to speak?

10-26-08 04:21 PM
    What happens when the dog gets someone on the line? I'm guessing the owner needs to be conscious and able to speak?

Their gonna have to up their technology at the Emergency Response centers to enable the phones GPS (if you have one) so they can find ya. I've heard that there are some cities that are up on this already...
    ?
    10-26-08 04:32 PM
    Macgyver* get well soon!
    Great sorry - I have a pug and all he can do is lick.

10-26-08 04:40 PM
    This particular dog is trained to wine or bark when emergency services are called. Most states have a registry of working service dogs and address of owners on file so that when an emergency happenes from a phone at that address it shows up on emergency lines screen. Like caller ID of course its up to the owners to keep contact information updated ect. I think its a great program. Some ppl really need service dogs.

10-26-08 10:40 PM
    Correction sorry ment to say when an emergency call is placed from a phone at the registered address it shows up. Lol my brain was working faster then my fingers

10-26-08 10:44 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD