It might be BlackBerry's fault, it might be Google's or it could just be a random act of the universe, but at this point, it doesn't matter anymore. All it is, is one more delayed launch. I'm sure I'm not the only one who told everyone that they knew to make sure to look out for BBM in the iTunes Store or Google Play Store this weekend. More than being annoyed that I look like an *****, I'm second-hand embaressed AGAIN for BlackBerry.

I know all the hard workers at the company are dedicated to getting this thing launched, so a big thanks to them. Hopefully we don't have to wait much longer.

Posted via CB10
    09-22-13 11:41 AM
    Hopefully. And hoping the release it for iOS tonight at midnight. That's when I told my friends to get it

Posted via CB 10 on my naked Z10
    09-22-13 11:49 AM
    You're a bad friend.

Posted via CB10
    09-22-13 11:52 AM
    It might be BlackBerry's fault, it might be Google's or it could just be a random act of the universe, but at this point, it doesn't matter anymore. All it is, is one more delayed launch. I'm sure I'm not the only one who told everyone that they knew to make sure to look out for BBM in the iTunes Store or Google Play Store this weekend. More than being annoyed that I look like an *****, I'm second-hand embaressed AGAIN for BlackBerry.

I know all the hard workers at the company are dedicated to getting this thing launched, so a big thanks to them. Hopefully we don't have to wait much longer.

Posted via CB10
    A lot of us sold it to our friends. A lot of us are having to either make excuses or put it bluntly.

Luckily I won't see anyone until tomorrow. By then I hope something changes. If not, all the friends I talked BBM up to will ask me what happened....at that point, I'll decide on the truth of it or a watered down version of events....
    Technically, the launch was not delayed. That happened pretty much as scheduled. It really is not BlackBerry's fault that this thing was leaked in the worst possible way and by people that really did not have BlackBerry's or the end users interest at heart.

BlackBerry can be blamed for a lot of things (and I have) but to put this one completely on them is ridiculous and well, just, piling on.
    BBVegasGirl80 likes this.
    I agree, it's definitely ridiculous. I think based on their press release yesterday, it's 100% their own fault and no one else's. They just weren't prepared and waiting until the very last day of summer to launch proves this. Let's hope we don't have to wait too long before the launch is back on.
    big_time2 likes this.
    09-22-13 11:53 AM
    You're also a bad friend.

Posted via CB10
    09-22-13 11:53 AM
    @amazinglygraceless - I agree that it isn't fair to blame them 100% percent, but knowing how important this launch is for the company, you would think they would take whatever precautions that they had to, to ensure a smooth launch. I know you can't forsee everything, and hindsight is 20/20, but c'mon...EVERY new OS gets leaked and they didn't think that the same would happen with BBM? I don't know if I buy the story that they're trying to sell.

Posted via CB10
    09-22-13 12:24 PM
    Finally, someone who makes some sense! I feel the same way, OP!

Sent from my sexy white hot Z10 in Sin City ;-)
    09-22-13 12:26 PM
    It might be BlackBerry's fault, it might be Google's or it could just be a random act of the universe, but at this point, it doesn't matter anymore. All it is, is one more delayed launch. I'm sure I'm not the only one who told everyone that they knew to make sure to look out for BBM in the iTunes Store or Google Play Store this weekend. More than being annoyed that I look like an *****
    Posted via CB10
    Yeah, I definitely told a few people to look out for open BBM and now I regret saying anything.
    09-22-13 12:38 PM
    BlackBerry needs to hire all the know it alls ***** posters on CB because if you listen to their enlightened wisdom apparently nothing would go wrong in the world.

I'm amazed there are so many of them not employed in this field.

I haven't seen so many posts over one topic in ages here. Hell when BB10 was launched there wasn't this many posts.

There are so many trolls who go from thread to thread telling anyone with any hope BlackBerry will make it through that they're wrong. Everyone has to be right. It's annoying. Everyone has to point out that someone was to blame and see it figures and all that other ****.

Time to take a break from CB until these idiots either get banned or give up and head somewhere else.

Posted via CB10
    09-22-13 12:44 PM
    A lot of us sold it to our friends. A lot of us are having to either make excuses or put it bluntly.

Luckily I won't see anyone until tomorrow. By then I hope something changes. If not, all the friends I talked BBM up to will ask me what happened....at that point, I'll decide on the truth of it or a watered down version of events....
    Yeah I decided to tell no one it was coming until it was actually here. I didn't want to have another BB10 is coming to the PlayBook scenario come back to bite me and make me look foolish. Looks like the lesson that I learned, i.e. BlackBerry can not be trusted to deliver anything on time if at all, has paid off. I simply don't understand how this company constantly shoots itself in the foot and how they keep making the same mistakes over and over again.

Posted via CB10
    09-22-13 12:45 PM
    Reasons aside, this launch fiasco reflects poorly yet again on Blackberry. Media and user derision that will rain down on Blackberry doesn't sell smart phones or enterprise BES10 subscriptions......
    09-22-13 12:51 PM
    seriously we look foolish when we as bb fans propagate that bbm is coming and when the launch date comes, every thing goes wrong.
    BB looks the company that is not sure of anything.personally i was getting a gut feeling that something will go wrong in bbm launch
    09-22-13 12:51 PM
    BlackBerry needs to hire all the know it alls ***** posters on CB because if you listen to their enlightened wisdom apparently nothing would go wrong in the world.

I haven't seen so many posts over one topic in ages here. Hell when BB10 was launched there wasn't this many posts.

There are so many trolls who go from thread to thread telling anyone with any hope BlackBerry will make it through that they're wrong. Everyone has to be right. It's annoying. Everyone has to point out that someone was to blame and see it figures and all that other ****.

Time to take a break from CB until these idiots either get banned or give up and head somewhere else.

Posted via CB10
    You can defend Blackberry all you want but at this point anyone can do better job than this incompetent management. I like Blackberry and want them to succeed but it's time for Mr. Heins and company to step down. Blackberry should hire someone from outside who is dynamic and can give new perspective to the company, otherwise, I am afraid these idi*ts will totally destroy this amazing company.
    xBURK and yasso like this.
    09-22-13 12:53 PM
    Dude I spammed the iTunes link to every girl on my contacts list lol.

Most if my friends are on apple so I'm saying millions of android users broke the server.

Posted via CB10
    09-22-13 12:54 PM

I can't recommend them any more. I got burned by convincing my friends to buy Playbook because it was going to get bb10.
    So I can't be trusted for tech advice any more.
    09-22-13 12:58 PM
    @amazinglygraceless - I agree that it isn't fair to blame them 100% percent, but knowing how important this launch is for the company, you would think they would take whatever precautions that they had to, to ensure a smooth launch. I know you can't forsee everything, and hindsight is 20/20, but c'mon...EVERY new OS gets leaked and they didn't think that the same would happen with BBM? I don't know if I buy the story that they're trying to sell.

Posted via CB10
    Good point. I believe that BlackBerry cannot execute a plan properly or cannot create a good plan to later execute.

Thus, knowing this and looking at BlackBerry's track record in this area, I DID NOT OPEN MY MOUTH ON THIS ONE! I was hopping to be wrong, but unfortunately I wasn't. I made the decision to wait until all was up and running with no or minimal bugs to tell my friends and get them on BBM. *pfew*

Posted via CB10
    CairnsRock and HardTalk like this.
    09-22-13 12:59 PM
    Blackberry is meeting now to fix this at Nortels office.

What a joke
    xBURK likes this.
    09-22-13 01:03 PM
    To those embarrassed,

Or you could have thought about it for a second and realized that there was the possibility of a problem (due to high demand, BB's nack for over-promise/under-delivery, etc.) and just waited until next week to make sure.

But no, we live in such a "me" world right now that we couldn't possibly be expected to wait. I want my new toy now, not tomorrow, not the next day, now, now, now. And no I don't care that BB said it would be out on the weekend, thus my first point.

I have friends and family that will be told when it is actually out and working. Until then I guess I will continue to use texting, emails or phone calls to contact them (I know, I know, the horror ).
    09-22-13 01:08 PM
    It's like watching the death gurgles of HP webos... putting resources into devices when the foundation just isn't there. The Z30 announcement among all this bad news reminds me too much of the Pre3.

Posted from BB10. That's right!
    testement likes this.
    09-22-13 01:14 PM
    I told my friends BBM was coming this weekend. They were excited. It didn't happen. I told them there was something wrong and they were working on it as far as I knew.

Not sure why anyone's embarrassed. Unless you were part of the development team all you were doing was relaying news. Now relay the news that it's been put on hold.

Done deal. Move on with life. Hope when it is released it works.

Would have been worse had you all bragged it up then it was released with massive faults and a promise of "will fix soon"

Better late and working than on time and full of bugs.

Posted via CB10
    Just Me and BBVegasGirl80 like this.
    09-22-13 02:05 PM

Posted via CB10
    Goodbye.
    09-22-13 02:07 PM
    I told my friends BBM was coming this weekend. They were excited. It didn't happen. I told them there was something wrong and they were working on it as far as I knew.

Not sure why anyone's embarrassed. Unless you were part of the development team all you were doing was relaying news. Now relay the news that it's been put on hold.

Done deal. Move on with life. Hope when it is released it works.

Would have been worse had you all bragged it up then it was released with massive faults and a promise of "will fix soon"

Better late and working than on time and full of bugs.

Posted via CB10
    To a point I agree with you, but here I disagree. You don't announce a launch date and then say, "oops". There is no reason that the iOS version would work fine, but if a BlackBerry phone happens to be one of their contacts and that BlackBerry phone has BBM Channels loaded, it won't for the BlackBerry peron. How do you not test for two way communication with a beta program that BlackBerry releases?

I told my family and some coworkers about it, never dreaming that it wouldn't come to be on launch day. How are you not prepared? Why announce a launch and then blow it so completely?

Yes, I want BBM to run right for all platforms. Yes, issues can occur that are unforseen, but to not even offer the app on launch day is not good.

Let's hope blackberry gets it up and running real soon...like yesterday or the day before.

Posted via CB10 via my Z10
    09-22-13 02:25 PM
    I don't get it when people say things like "we live in a me world I want it now" and people are so impatient, lets stop making excuses, they gave a date and they didn't fulfill, whats so selfish and impatient about that? Its BBRY's culture to not meet schedules they set themselves. Others like Apple, Samsung even Nokia give you a date, they keep to it! I'm not dumping my Q10 anytime soon because it works for me, but I'm not making excuses either, BBRY should man up and fess up, they blew it, period!
    yasso and rnhld like this.
    09-22-13 02:26 PM
34 12