Do any of you guys listen to music on your BB using the media player? I have a question. If you are playing music with media player though the external speaker and you put your phone in a holster with a sleeper magnet, will the mute button still pause the music? It won't pause on my Tour, but I could have sworn that it used to. Maybe this was changed with a software update? When I listen to Pandora, the mute button will pause the music when in the holster. Also, when using the media player and listening through a headset, it will also pause fine in the holster. It's just when playing though the speaker that it won't pause.
    09-10-10 06:47 PM
    I know on my 8330, I can start media player, press the red button which puts it into the background still active and press the mute/standby button and it will go into standby but keeps playing. The volume keys are the only ones that still remain functional. Try pressing the red button first, then holster it. It should keep playing.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-10-10 07:57 PM
    I have no problem getting it to continue playing while in the holster. The problem is once I put it in the holster, I can not get it to pause when playing through the speaker.
    09-10-10 09:42 PM
    Yes, this should work. Did you recently upgrade OSs? Have you tried a battery pull?

09-10-10 10:05 PM
    Same thing for me.

I have to take it out, pause/play a couple of times, then it will work back it. tmo 9700 on 862
    09-11-10 12:21 AM
    Yes, this should work. Did you recently upgrade OSs? Have you tried a battery pull?

Yes I tried a battery pull and I even downgraded the OS. The fact that it will pause when the headset is plugged in, but not when playing though the speaker leads me to believe that it is purposely designed that way.
    09-11-10 04:52 PM
    So I downgraded to the 4.7 OS and I got the functionality back that I was looking for. I guess the functionality was taken out of the 5.0 OS. I don't know why because I think it's useful.
    09-12-10 07:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD