04-12-09 01:03 AM
38 12
tools
    Make you feel 'important' or 'high class' or perhaps make you feel that you have a higher social status?

Lets be honest, i doubt anyone will judge you since it is a site full of blackberry users.

Personally, as a new blackberry user i cant really say it has. There was one time on my bday when i was dressed up all my freinds said i looked like a CEO or something with my BB lol. Other than that sure its nice to have one but i dont feel "better" than anyone else just for having it.

How about you guys?
    04-10-09 12:53 AM
    It definitely doesnt make me feel like I'm above anyone else.

Its just a phone to me with a keyboard.
    04-10-09 12:59 AM
    Are you serious? Kids have Blackberrys now.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-10-09 01:02 AM
    It definitely makes me think that my phone is better than their phones.

04-10-09 01:03 AM
    The BlackBerry is to ne by no means a "status symbol". It has become one of my most needed tools to make my day run better.

Whether it is BBMing with my family, e-mailing, texting, searching Google Maps for a customer or logging into payroll to find my paycheck this week, I am reminded of all of the things I was unable to use a phone for.

And since I can't drop the bucks for a laptop and support, the BB is indispensable to me.

04-10-09 01:13 AM
    No I don't. I feel like the same dou*chebag that I was even before I got a BlackBerry.

04-10-09 01:22 AM
    Important and high class? Uh, no. In fact this thing makes feels ignant and inferior intelligence wise because it kicks my @$$ each and every day.

04-10-09 01:37 AM
    Lol, i think my questions was taken a bit out of hand. I dont mean you feel snobby or anything, maybe i should have worded it differently. I mainly mean that it makes you feel happeir and better that you have a blackberry rather than having some dumbphone.
    I came from an LG Venus to a blackberry Storm and i know that i have a lot more of a sence of pride and joy for my phone than i did before.
    04-10-09 01:44 AM
    And yes i know my previous question is a lot different to my current one, but just think of it as another question, lol . Its almost 3am, brain isnt functioning as well.
    04-10-09 01:45 AM
    Sometimes I like to pretend I'm doing something important when I'm actually just on CrackBerry

04-10-09 01:46 AM
    Well before I had a Blackberry I was a happy *******bag.

After I got a Blackberry, I'm still a happy *******bag.

04-10-09 01:47 AM
    doesn't make me feel better than anyone else. except iphone users
    04-10-09 01:50 AM
    And yes i know my previous question is a lot different to my current one, but just think of it as another question, lol . Its almost 3am, brain isnt functioning as well.
    Glad you cleared that up. I removed my original reply as with your clarification,
    it was overly snarky. Don't expect that to happen much

Now to your cleared up question. Any phone with a k/board that can get my
    email is fine with me. Currently the BB does that better so here I am. Going
    back to a non email, non k/board device. Doubtful.

Happy with my choice, but I was just as happy before I made it.
    04-10-09 01:52 AM
    My berry makes me very happy. I will never go without one again. I do feel a little bit more important though - like I'm really technically with it.

04-10-09 03:46 AM
    I do love my BB, and it could be better than many phones out there, but its so common now. And many ppl have one, but I'm just happy I have MY BB, it doesn't matter to me what anyone else has. Its a lil hard to feel of higher importance when many ppl around you is rockin the same phone, but if I see a person without one, I do sense a tad of higher "technological" status.

Last edited by Lady C21; 04-10-09 at 06:10 AM.
    04-10-09 06:07 AM
    It definitely makes me think that my phone is better than their phones.

Sometimes I like to pretend I'm doing something important when I'm actually just on CrackBerry

doesn't make me feel better than anyone else. except iphone users
    I loved all of these but ninja that is priceless. As for me I think that the Blackberry was the right decision for me. I love being able to get email anywhere I am anytime of the day. That along with the internet access is exactly what I was looking for. It doesn't make me feel more important than others. I was happy before I got it but now that I have it that's just icing on the cake for me.
    04-10-09 06:21 AM
    I was late getting on the blackberry train, but now I have one wouldn't be without it
    04-10-09 10:00 AM
    I don't feel superior to other cell phone users but I know that my phone is better than everyone elses!

04-10-09 10:10 AM
    I love... I love lamp

04-10-09 10:15 AM
    Yeah it's good that you cleared that up...for a minute there I was starting to think you changed your question due to all the negative press...

I had an i930 previously and texting was difficult with it, for me anyway and email was sporadic at best. With the BB it's all easy and I can manage my schedule now but for the most part I carry it where it can't be seen.
    04-10-09 10:23 AM
    Lol wow, I wondered the generaly same thing about a year ago and believe me this thread will get out of hand and you'll get steamrolled for asking it. I understand what you mean though. I posted this last June. For the record CB users don't see their BB's as any sort of symbol.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/blac...-symbol-46746/
    04-10-09 10:38 AM
    Where I work, it's less a status symbol than an expected standard for maintaining the status quo.
    Where I live, there's no one around to impress, but _I_ prefer the smartphone to my previous dumbphone.
    Where I play, I'm not sure that anyone notices...
    04-10-09 10:48 AM
    No I don't feel any 'better' than any1 else just because I have a bb. Its just a phone - I've gotten past all the 'omg I'm so addicted!' Stage.

04-10-09 10:48 AM
    It is just a phone afterall...

I got over the whole, "I became so much happier and filled with purpose just because of..." after I realized in Jr. High that nobody gave a crap that I was wearing the latest Jordans...
    04-10-09 11:04 AM
    Blackberry is essential for my day-to-day tasks , however i will admit that sometimes it does make me feel "high class" especially when i have the mono headset on
    04-10-09 03:35 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD