Basically what the title reads. Haven't had time to do a search. Sorry to everyone that will post bad remarks about me to use the search function

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-04-10 05:21 PM
    No its free

04-04-10 05:24 PM
    Thanks dig.

04-04-10 05:24 PM
    Wifi is free, but if you plan to use it to connect another device to the internet ex: your netbook/laptop you will be charged unless you have an internet plan
    04-04-10 05:26 PM
    Yeah I pay the extra $30 to tether it, but thanks for looking out.

04-04-10 05:31 PM
    Yeah I pay the extra $30 to tether it, but thanks for looking out.

Thats not correct. The $30 a month you pay is your data package plan which includes the internet use on your Blackberry but does not cover using your Blackberry to Tether it. There are other plans and packages that they require you to have in order to tether. Otherwise if you tether using your data plan and Verizon finds out from your usage that you are they will charge you for that use.

I know there are threads about that on here already about people getting charged because they tethered just using their data plan and Verizon finds out. Just a fair warning.
    Last edited by mchruss03; 04-04-10 at 09:19 PM.
    04-04-10 09:13 PM
    Thats not what he means. The $30 a month is your data package which includes the internet traffic and such(not sure exactly what all it coves, but I know not Tethering). That $30 a month does not cover tethering, there are other packages/services that Verizon requires you use to tether using your BB.

I have heard, reading this board, that if you tether and don't have a plan for it and Verizon finds out they will charge you.
    The extra $30 per month is for tethering, in addition to a data plan. You cannot tether the phone without a subscription.
    04-04-10 09:17 PM
    Well wrong choice of words. You "may" not. Meaning its possible through an app formerly Tetherberry now just tether.

04-04-10 10:43 PM
    works beautifully too! Tethering has never been so easy
    04-04-10 11:02 PM
    Lol I meant that the extra $30 is for tethering, that's why I wrote the word "extra". Sorry for the complication.

04-05-10 12:44 AM
    Lol I meant that the extra $30 is for tethering, that's why I wrote the word "extra". Sorry for the complication.

No you didn't complicate anything. It was mchruss03
    who made the error.
    04-05-10 07:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD