I have my Torch set to notify me when in range of saved networks. I never get prompted, but the phone auto connects whenever it is able. Any ideas?
    09-14-10 10:31 PM
    09-14-10 10:36 PM
    I saw that thread, not my issue. I have the phone set to prompt, but it doesn't prompt, it connects automatically to a saved network when in range. What does yours do, what is the "prompt"?
    09-14-10 10:39 PM
    You mean "Prompt me when manual connection or login is required"
    09-14-10 10:46 PM
    You mean "Prompt me when manual connection or login is required"
    No. When you go to the "saved networks" screen and hit options, there is an option that reads "prompt me when a saved network is found nearby." In my experience, this option does nothing...the unit will automatically connect to any saved network whether or not you choose this option, in other words the option has no function at least on my Torch.
    09-15-10 05:33 AM
    No. When you go to the "saved networks" screen and hit options, there is an option that reads "prompt me when a saved network is found nearby." In my experience, this option does nothing...the unit will automatically connect to any saved network whether or not you choose this option, in other words the option has no function at least on my Torch.
    That option is there to prompt if there are 2 or more saved wifi networks present so you can select which one you want to connect to. If there's only one it will auto-connect w/o a prompt.
    09-15-10 06:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD