a person with a BB next to you has no idea of the functionality or how to use it properly? For example, I listed to two older men talk to each other about how the home screen was full of useless icons that they didn't even know what they were and why can't I do this or do that. Sometimes I try to help, but sometimes it is not possible and I just grit my teeth.

Just want to see if I'm the only one..
    02-19-09 12:19 PM
    Doesn't bother me one bit. To each their own.
    02-19-09 12:23 PM
    I use to but not anymore. Some people need the email capability of the blackberry for work and that's pretty much all they use it for and don't care to see what else it can do. I even have some people that don't want to carry one but are required to have one. If that's the case you think they want to really play around with it?

I see stuff like this all the time.
    02-19-09 12:24 PM
    Depends on the mood at the time.

Couple weeks ago, buddy pulls out his Curve to check a message. I asked him which model it was, he didn't have a clue. Had it out of his hands and displaying the Options / About screen in a couple seconds.... first time he had seen it.

Company supplied, he is discouraged from touching anything except his messages.

Assured him, his oversized memory would insure it works just fine.

02-19-09 12:54 PM
    Doesn't bother me either - 'cause I was one of those uninformed "older men" until I found this site! Learning a little every day now. Thanks CB!!
    02-19-09 12:58 PM
    No bother here I learn a little more each day they are just slower than I
    02-19-09 01:04 PM
    No bother here.... If they are too stupid to research their questions than it serves them right. I mean google is a tool I wish I had back when I went to school. The answer is out there.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-19-09 01:13 PM
    YES!
    My step dad has the same one as me, and he always asks me how to do stuff. I've told him numerous times to go on CrackBerry, but he seems to lazy. I usually just end up telling him, but he never follows my advice.
    02-19-09 01:19 PM
    That doesn't really bother me all that much. I'm usually to busy learining something new myself to notice, though.
    02-19-09 01:58 PM
    That doesn't really bother me all that much. I'm usually to busy learining something new myself to notice, though.
    Ditto - well put.
    02-19-09 02:00 PM
    It only bothers me when said person decides to ask me hundreds of questions repeatedly, even though they KNOW the answer -- they just need me to confirm it 50 times.... namely my mother. LOL If I hear her ask me how to change the ringtone on her phone one more time, or narrates all the steps that she is doing out loud hoping that I'll stop her if she does something wrong, I swear I'm going to throw it out the window.
    02-19-09 02:07 PM
    It bothers me terribly--enrages me, even. This month alone I've had to terminate at least half a dozen people for that very offense. I'm surprised you haven't yet read about it.

</tongue_in_cheek>
    02-19-09 02:14 PM
    No, I have entirely too many important things that provoke anger these days.

02-19-09 02:24 PM
    Not really, but I did find amusing when my little cousin told me his Sidekick LX was a better device then my Bold
    02-19-09 02:28 PM
    I see that sometimes and humble myself over my ability and desire to learn more. Everybody has different desires to learn and everybody settles at what ever level they think suits them, it seems to me.

At times I find myself being asked for help by someone that needs the same question answered five different ways. I stopped wondering why some people do that and lend them my patience and walk away feeling better for having handled it that way.

Otherwise I try not to pay any attention to someone else's learning curve because I certainly have my own.
    02-19-09 02:34 PM
    I find it rather funny that someone would not want to know all the perks to their bb. I don't lose any sleep at night!
    02-19-09 02:37 PM
    Getting upset and angry when it comes to someone else' downfall of using their own phone; irregardless of whether a person shows/doesn't show them how to use the phone's capabilities?

People are dying as a result of wars/conflict/starvation/peanut butter/poverty/teletubbies/etc.
    Last edited by Mr. Asterisk; 02-19-09 at 02:48 PM.
    02-19-09 02:45 PM
    The best way to learn about your phone is to help others learn. You'd be amazed how much knowledge teachers gain by teaching the subjects to their students.
    02-19-09 02:47 PM
    No....I have a life?

02-19-09 02:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD