i loved how long my curve 3g's battery life was. i just updated to 6. will it go down a lot??
    04-28-11 08:31 PM
    Most people are reporting that battery life is better on OS 6 from what I've read.
    04-28-11 08:55 PM
    thanks!
    04-29-11 10:23 AM
    Most people are reporting that battery life is better on OS 6 from what I've read.
    I have notices both positive and negative comments and reviews about the battery life with OS6.

Seems to be that some people say it is making it longer life while other say the exact opposite.

here is something i have found on blackberry.com forums -
    OS 6 - uses more battery and slow to respons - BlackBerry Support Community Forums
    04-29-11 11:00 AM
    Sometimes- I think that people who move up to 6 are then overdoing it on stuff they load on their devices to see how it runs and then leave it running. I know after I loaded 6 on yesterday, the battery 'seemed' to go away sooner... of course all I was doing was playing with it to see how it was. I wasn't just using it straight through here at work, but I would take it out every few minutes when I remembered "Oh, better check this". It was full when I went into work but over half gone just after 3pm or so. Today it was full at 9am, and it's still full. So it may take awhile to match what I was getting on 5.979 or whatever- usually 2.5 days of "normal" usage.
    04-29-11 11:32 AM
    No, the change to OS6 does not consume more battery life. If anything, it is more efficient in it's processes. I highly recommend the upgrade.
    04-29-11 12:13 PM
    And to writ, there may be many differences between versions of OS 6. Going from .407 to .522 has upped by battery life quite a bit. Experiences will vary.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-29-11 01:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD