Downloading files, yes. But the phones processor can't render pages quick enough to effectively use wifi..... So in normal browsing the difference should be insignificant.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-18-09 08:52 PM
    Downloading files, yes. But the phones processor can't render pages quick enough to effectively use wifi..... So in normal browsing the difference should be insignificant.
    But it's not. The difference is significant.

So significant, that when browsing or reading, I use it when available.

Web pages render faster. Sites navigate faster. Readers render textual pages faster. And I would sorely miss it if I didn't have it.
    06-18-09 09:08 PM
    I guess that depends on your opinion of significant as well. On my phone most sites only take a few seconds to load anyways. The phone would have to start ppading before I push the button to be significantly faster

06-18-09 09:56 PM
    Jim, you're really grasping here.

Trust me. It's significantly faster. At least twice. The user experience and time between renderings is at least half the time spent compared to non-WiFi - objectively ... not opinion.

Maybe CX can offer a little support ...

http://forums.crackberry.com/f141/of...ml#post2109574
    06-18-09 10:45 PM
    I think Obama should make phones be wi fi enabled. Its for the children.

06-18-09 11:28 PM
    I think Obama should make phones be wi fi enabled. Its for the children.

lol if only.

and for all of you who don't see a "need" for wifi: It's not about the speed/network. It's about the times when you're not in reach of the network or over seas in some remote town and rather use a cafe with wifi vs roaming and running up a crazy bill. For a WORLD phone, I honestly can't see a reason NOT to have wifi. Plus at my job I work within thick cement walls and get a max of 1 bar for service. Being able to use our wifi hotspotwould be nice. My fellow iPhone coworkers love it.

For me, this phone will do it's job quite nicely. Though I wouldn't suggest using it out of America. Just my 3 cents.
    06-18-09 11:41 PM
    Jim, you're really grasping here.

Trust me. It's significantly faster. At least twice. The user experience and time between renderings is at least half the time spent compared to non-WiFi - objectively ... not opinion.

Maybe CX can offer a little support ...

http://forums.crackberry.com/f141/of...ml#post2109574
    If you say so. I am not speaking on personal experience, but rather on how it should work based on my knowledge of the technology.....

However, as any rational human being knows, just because something "should" be a certain way, doesn't mean that it is. If you say that wifi is indeed faster, well tgrn I have no reason not to believe you.

Sorry for doubting yoi.

06-19-09 07:53 AM
    Also sorry for not being able to spell on this GD SureType..... Never again.....

06-19-09 07:58 AM
    I understand what you are trying to do and it is one of the reasons I make little jabs when you do it. You will soon realize that trying to stop threads like this is an act in futility. You are better off ignoring it or simply pointing out that it has been discuss to death.

If no one posts in a thread, does it still exist?
    Yeah I'm beginning to think you're right on this one. I guess I'll start ignoring this stuff from now on. No use causing fights over this kind of stuff...
    06-19-09 08:25 AM
    ... I am not speaking on personal experience, but rather on how it should work based on my knowledge of the technology ... Sorry for doubting yoi.
    No apology necessary.

And I'm not poking at you ... but, I thought that you were probably not speaking from experience. And I think that's probably true of many, if not most, people who question the necessity or usefulness of WiFi. I'll bet they generally have not used it. They don't know what they don't know.

I speculate that most people who have used WiFi will agree that it's more effective (time and usability), faster, and an extremely desirable feature.
    06-19-09 01:19 PM
    well when I googled "Does the Blackberry Tour have WiFi?" this was the first link that came up
    08-05-09 08:17 PM
    Also sorry for not being able to spell on this GD SureType..... Never again.....

Ahh, I don't miss that Pearl one bit!
    08-05-09 09:24 PM
    No the Tour does not have WIFI
    08-05-09 09:41 PM
    My Tour has Wifi. The aliens that abduct me on a regular basis put it on there.
    08-05-09 09:56 PM
    why do threads like this exist?
    08-05-09 11:35 PM
    why do threads like this exist?
    They exist for you to pose philosophical questions in them.

08-05-09 11:41 PM
    wifi is a must . i love sprint everything plan but their blackberries are the last to get the upgrades like Wi Fi. At t got it first and Team mobile. ! gotta have it !!
    08-19-09 02:40 AM
    well when I googled "Does the Blackberry Tour have WiFi?" this was the first link that came up
    Thats what i did and this was the first link that came up, i was wondering if the BB Tour had WiFi on it.. i guess we have 3G on it but we all know 3G is the fastest network on the Tour, isnt that right?
    09-16-09 02:08 AM
    I think you're right! Is that the one made by Somy or Nineteldo?
    you have 2 typos which is Sony and Nintendo.. I just corrected them for you.
    09-16-09 02:11 AM
    Every time this thread comes back from the dead it makes me laugh.

For the record: the Tour does NOT have wifi.

09-16-09 05:43 AM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD