If it makes a difference. I mean the Verizon one

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-18-09 01:54 PM
    Seriously dude? Seriously?

Do a search before you post these things...
    06-18-09 01:56 PM
    What slinky means is no, it does not.
    Several threads have already discussed that.

06-18-09 01:58 PM
    I am using my phone to post this, its a pain in the *** to research anything on here. If my laptop was fixed I would have looked it up

Oh and thank you, do you know if thw Storm 2 does

06-18-09 02:01 PM
    No, it doesn't.
    06-18-09 02:02 PM
    As for the storm 2 it is RUMORED that all devices after the tour will have wifi

06-18-09 02:38 PM
    What is the real need for wifi??? I'm just curious because everyone is making a big deal about it
    06-18-09 02:40 PM
    If you're in a WiFi hotspot you can browse way faster that on your data plan, apps that require streaming work way better, UMA for carriers who support it and its great for people who have a data cap.
    06-18-09 02:42 PM
    Please take this debate to the other thread. 9630 doesn't have it, case closed. No use in fighting about it.
    06-18-09 02:45 PM
    Well verizon or sprint don't support it but I guess if you have tmob or att might have it then yeah that makes sense.. Who has a data cap using a bb? That's nuts.. It's usually required to get unlim data with it isn't it?
    06-18-09 02:45 PM
    What is this Wifi that you speak of? I have never heard of this. Is it a new Blackberry or a new carrier?
    06-18-09 02:46 PM
    Please take this debate to the other thread. 9630 doesn't have it, case closed. No use in fighting about it.
    AH i'm not fighting. I was just curious because it's been a huge issue. I don't care my carrier doens't have the UMA service so I could careless about browsing faster on my phone.
    06-18-09 02:47 PM
    Ahhhhh the forum police! Everyone run for it! Quick, hide behind this other thread!
    06-18-09 02:48 PM
    AH i'm not fighting. I was just curious because it's been a huge issue. I don't care my carrier doens't have the UMA service so I could careless about browsing faster on my phone.
    I use WiFi like what..........5% of the time i use my BB. So its not NEEDED IMHO but its nice to have.
    06-18-09 02:52 PM
    There has been a hundred threads on this topic, and there's currently one ACTIVE with this debate. Do we really need to start another one? I'm not trying to police anything - I'm just trying to suggest that we keep topics in one thread so information is easier to find.
    06-18-09 02:53 PM
    im just glad we finally have a thread on this. i haven't read ANYTHING on wifi at all in a long time. if the phone has it.. why people need wifi.. nothing like that.

sigh
    06-18-09 03:02 PM
    There has been a hundred threads on this topic, and there's currently one ACTIVE with this debate. Do we really need to start another one? I'm not trying to police anything - I'm just trying to suggest that we keep topics in one thread so information is easier to find.
    I understand what you are trying to do and it is one of the reasons I make little jabs when you do it. You will soon realize that trying to stop threads like this is an act in futility. You are better off ignoring it or simply pointing out that it has been discuss to death.

If no one posts in a thread, does it still exist?
    06-18-09 03:03 PM
    What is this Wifi that you speak of? I have never heard of this. Is it a new Blackberry or a new carrier?
    Its that video game the kids are always playin' on the tv.

06-18-09 03:22 PM
    Its that video game the kids are always playin' on the tv.

I think you're right! Is that the one made by Somy or Nineteldo?
    06-18-09 03:37 PM
    If you're in a WiFi hotspot you can browse way faster that on your data plan, apps that require streaming work way better, UMA for carriers who support it and its great for people who have a data cap.
    Actually, this isn't true about browsing faster.

06-18-09 04:27 PM
    negatory.......................................... .......
    06-18-09 04:31 PM

keep in mind also the more threads with the correct answer the more likely that someones search will come back with a proper result so simply including the answer is better off then anything.
    06-18-09 04:40 PM
    Actually, this isn't true about browsing faster.

Uhhhhh well i would say true seeing the browser i use primarily (Bolt) is significantly faster over WiFi than EDGE or my carriers sucky 3G.
    06-18-09 04:42 PM
    Uhhhhh well i would say true seeing the browser i use primarily (Bolt) is significantly faster over WiFi than EDGE or my carriers sucky 3G.
    I can see faster than edge....... Or crappy 3g. I guess what I should have said is that if you have a good 3g connection the difference is little to nothing because of the processor in the phone

06-18-09 04:47 PM
    ... if you have a good 3g connection the difference is little to nothing because of the processor in the phone ...
    Absolute and complete hooey.

WiFi, on a decent connection, is *at least* twice as fast. Period. End of paragraph. Move on.
    06-18-09 07:25 PM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD