In February 2009, I got a BBerry Storm, BBerry Curve and a regular phone. So, I have 2 blackberry lines and one regular phone line. Now, my office is giving me a Tour for office use with an unlimited data plan, as long as I don't go overboard in downloading applications. But, I can only use the phone for "limited personal use". In other words, they will monitor my phone usage. So, I called Verizon customer service today and asked if I could drop my blackberry plan for the Storm and just keep it as a phone. That way, I could pay for 2 lines and one blackberry line. They said no problem in dropping one of the berry lines and keeping the storm just as a phone. However, a friend of mine tried to drop his data line on his blackberry and just use as a phone, and they told him no. Has anyone ever used the Storm just as a phone? I will be needing to do this in November, if in fact they do allow it.
    09-15-09 05:05 PM
    I was told that you cannot do this. I was going to take advantage of the BOGO offer Verizon had when I got my Storm, but I would of had to pay $30 for each phone for data plans, and I HAD to have data on both in order to have them active.
    09-15-09 05:11 PM
    If verizon if telling you yes then its possible.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-15-09 07:50 PM
    Whenever dealing with customer support, always write down names, times and the basic points of the conversation. I do this every time and it's helped me get things sorted out real quick in the past when there's been an issue.
    09-15-09 07:57 PM
    I dunno� sounds off to me. Verizon is pretty solid on hving to buy a data plan with a BlackBerry. Perhaps a special situation with multiple lines?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-15-09 09:49 PM
    General, Verizon will force a data plan on those phones only because enough people would get overages and call in and complain so now all of those phones have the data plan on them by default
    09-15-09 10:26 PM
    According to the VZW website, you MUST have a data package with a BlackBerry. I'd give another call to VZW and see if they tell you differently again.
    09-15-09 11:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD