Well I used blueapple.mobi for a few vids, but then I realised when I clicked full video, it would say loading data. Am I being charged for this?, because I have no data plan.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-24-08 09:29 AM
    Well I used blueapple.mobi for a few vids, but then I realised when I clicked full video, it would say loading data. Am I being charged for this?, because I have no data plan.

yes, you get charged per kb loaded by your device. I highly suggest you get a data plan especially if you use your browser
    06-24-08 09:34 AM
    Darn it!... Well I'm definitely not doing that again! I hope it don't get charged too much, but then again, I did watch a lot of videoss. Awww man.

06-24-08 09:37 AM
    Darn it!... Well I'm definitely not doing that again! I hope it don't get charged too much, but then again, I did watch a lot of videoss. Awww man.

ya sorry to hear that, you live and you learn. My brother racked up a $500 phone bill just from myspace. Luckily I was able to have AT&T prorate me as if i had spent $20 bucks to get the unlimited plan at the begining of that pay period so essentially they substituted around $350 of data to $20. If it comes down to it, i suggest you call and use your sweet talk and pray you get a caring rep
    06-24-08 09:40 AM
    Wow does any one know the cost per kb for tmobile?

06-24-08 09:42 AM
    this isn't ethical by any means but my dad also ranked up a pretty good size texting bill thinkin he actually had text so i called and said that i had previously called n asked for a $5/month plan for 200 messages so they just checked it off as an oversite and prorated it as well, so then again was substituted for $5...don't recommend ethically just something I've tried before
    06-24-08 09:45 AM
    Yeah, I would try that, but I ant get a data plan anyway.. Wish I had it tho, all the things you can do with it.

06-24-08 09:51 AM
    Yeah, I would try that, but I ant get a data plan anyway.. Wish I had it tho, all the things you can do with it.

my dad didn't have a texting plan really either, i set him up and for some reason he thought he did, even tho he told me to not put one on there lol...but i still told them i already set one up and that I wouldnt have been texting that much if i thot i didnt have a txt plan. ya dig?
    06-24-08 09:56 AM
    Hmmmm... So do you-.......wow I don't know what to do know, cuz I watched a couple of like 2000 kb vids on there ya know?

06-24-08 10:05 AM
    go to your online account and check out how much data you've accumilated and call to see how much per kb..but dont pull that move till you get your bill.
    06-24-08 10:18 AM
    actually you may not want to call because they log topics of convo when you call so they may corrillate it
    06-24-08 10:19 AM
    First thought, were you using the Hotspot Browser setting and Wifi?

If that is the case, you will not be charged for the data.

If you were using EDGE service, the bill will be in the mail.

I was looking at T-Mobiles site, but I can not find their Non-Plan data rate.

If it is $0.01 per Kb, that works out to $10 Mb or $20 for that 2000 Kb video clip.
    Last edited by Stoner; 06-24-08 at 10:25 AM.
    06-24-08 10:22 AM
    Omg that's a lot! Yeah I was using wifi, but no hotspot @ home plan... Will I still get charged?

06-24-08 10:25 AM
    Good input Stoner
    my brother has t-mobile and now has curve with WiFi, i wanna think to use it unlimited it's $10 a month, that may be inaccurate
    06-24-08 10:28 AM
    Unlimited data for me on tmobile is $20 per month

06-24-08 10:31 AM
    do you know how much for unlimited WiFi, if it is charged?
    06-24-08 10:34 AM
    What do you mean, "unlimited wifi"? I just hook up my bb to my home computer's router

06-24-08 10:39 AM
    oh, i didn't know if WiFi cost anything to use. Then you should be good if WiFi is free and you watched all/most videos through WiFi connection and not EDGE
    06-24-08 10:41 AM
    Oh thank god! Well actually, my browser doesn't even work if I'm not connected to wifi. I wonder how people use an edge browser?

06-24-08 10:43 AM
    have to have a data plan, your blackberry will not even have the browser application until it recognized you have a data plan, hence why you have to purchase a "Blackberry Data Plan" not just the normal one. Kinda wierd but when I didnt have data, browser nor GPS were on the device and when it recognized I had data, immediately it installed both
    06-24-08 10:49 AM
    i guess it's on yours because of WiFi, so by the way it sounds, you have nothin to worry about
    06-24-08 10:50 AM
    Woot! Wow I was worried! Because 20 dollars for one video is waaay over my head!

06-24-08 10:56 AM
    lol ya, that's like buying a DVD per 10sec video you watch
    06-24-08 10:58 AM
    Yeah I was using wifi, ...

Good. You are not using T-Mobile's data path, you are connected directly to the internet through your Wifi connection.

If you leave your hotzone, your connection should fail.

Hotspot subscribers should use "Wifi Preferred" and non subscribers should use "Wifi Only"/"Hotspot Browser" in the Options / Browser Configuration.

06-24-08 11:56 AM
    Woot! Wow I was worried! Because 20 dollars for one video is waaay over my head!

That is not even half bad.

That is the data roaming deal with Rogers, $10 Mb with their new plan in the US, and $50 Mb everywhere else.

Imagine the bill you could run up waiting on a flight delay at London's Heathrow? A full battery charge and a strong signal, you could run up thouands.
    06-24-08 12:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD