06-12-10 01:38 PM
78 ... 234
tools
    There is one field where RIM/BB is not substandard - is actually messaging. Don't you agree? Easier to use, faster, more efficient. Depends what you do withthe phone. If 70% of what are you doing is emailing and phone functions BB may outweight any other bells and whistles don't you think?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-12-10 12:39 PM
    There is one field where RIM/BB is not substandard - is actually messaging. Don't you agree? Easier to use, faster, more efficient. Depends what you do withthe phone. If 70% of what are you doing is emailing and phone functions BB may outweight any other bells and whistles don't you think?

True, I mean some people have really limited uses for a phone. The best is the push technology, but overall messaging I'm not sure. I know on the Storm SMS is really tough...plus it thinks you're going to SMS an email or office number, does not default to mobile.

Also with messaging, there are truncated emails and no default view images in messages. It's almost like comparing the current browser to a Webkit...yes you have push...and a physical keyboard...but what else makes messaging great on the BB? No folders, flagging is very limited too.
    06-12-10 01:04 PM
    It's faster, less taps/swipes/clicks to get to the inbox. One common inbox for emails, IMs, text messages, BBMs. It's Justine option of convenience. As much as I like pretty iPhone email client, man, it gives me Loading... time to time web I am trying to open an email... Why? If it justshowed the preview??
    And so on. Most messages should be answered short and fast, while with iPhone it's small but still an effort. That's why I am saying that if you use this functionality most of te time you DO want all the small and simple conveniences, right?

PS. I am not Gallic about Storm at all, that's not. A BB ;-)
    It shouldn't be called BB ;-)

06-12-10 01:38 PM
78 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD