What many need to remember is the vast... vast majority of users are not tch savy.... what most only care about is:

How easy is the phone to use.... what it does may is important but most do not care about specs just how "easy" is the phone it use..... This is where Apple nailed it.. To me Apple IOS is has never done it... but I learned from my neighbours who purchased 3 Iphones for his family.... he knew nothing about smartphones... not tech savy but was up and running on the Iphone in less than a day.... What sold him was not what the phone could do but the fact the sales person told him it was "easy"..... and thats what he experienced...... This is what RIM needs to push.... it is easy to preach to the converted... to succeed it the uniformed you need to sway....
    very true. these days more customization options = 'harder to use'. i am sure ios 6 will have more customization options than before to try and attract those android users who dont like the 'simplicity' of apple. when i had the iphone 4s i hated the lack of adequate sound options. ios still the easiest OS to use for the non tech people...but as generations pass, everyone will be some sort of a techie and apple will have to adjust.
    06-04-12 11:38 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD