Question is simple, hope this is not yetanotherthread about it.

But, does RIM leak beta OS to let us try it and give our thoughts about it ?
    (I'm not sure about this one.)

Anyway, RIM must be aware of what we are thinking about its products, OS, marketing et c�tera... ?

Bonsoir,
    �.
    08-05-09 12:03 PM
    You can be quite sure, the problems associated with leaked OS versions being public is a challenge for Research in Motion.

Research in Motion would be far better off if the leaks never happened. They would not release the software until it was thoroughly tested and ready for the carriers to support it.

The employees that are responsible for testing are the primary feedback stream. We never see leaks at that level. When a leak occures, the development engineers have already moved on.

Are there Research in Motion employees empowered to monitor the various internet sites for input? Nice job description...
    08-05-09 12:11 PM
    RIM is definitley here, I was thinking about this after I got my Tour, for the longest people have been putting all black housings, keyboards, trackballs on the Curves. The "All Black" or "Murdered Out" look is the most popular. The Tour now sports a black keyboard, trackball, housing. See what I mean?
    08-05-09 12:22 PM
    Without a doubt I believe RIM is here. They would be stupid not to get the inside scoop/feedback on their products.
    08-05-09 12:48 PM
    RIM. Threaded sms. Now.

08-05-09 12:52 PM
    The Trackpad? I suggested this like, over a YEAR ago. I swear!

Now we have multiple devices coming out with them.. my idea.

If I could search my own posts, I'd link to the thread.

EDIT: I can't find my exact post, but at least here's one 4 months ago where I suggested it. Post #15

EDIT: Odd.. I am pasting the link and it's messing it up.. something's messed up.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/what...7/#post2356919

EDIT3: Yeah, posting links to posts here is messing up.. It keeps adding http://forums.crackberry.com to the beginning of your link.
    Last edited by sniffs; 08-05-09 at 01:02 PM.
    08-05-09 12:55 PM
    from a software developer point of view for an OS in general:
    RIM probably has their own user centered design/usability group for an OS (and hardware) that is still in development. The feedback in-house has just as much info, if not more, than what we can provide. Add to that a control system on tracking issues and people devoted to QA...CB has little to offer IMO.
    However, for existing OS builds (not leaked) there might be some benefit from pulling user problems with the OS from CB.
    08-05-09 01:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD