Hello,
    so I was wondering if RIM actually likes this portal? I mean, CB sometimes leaks stuff that I'm sure they don't like that stuff to be leaked...!
    But on the other hand it's the perfect source for lost BB-Owners, not knowing how important a battery-pull is or how to actually use this device ;-)!
    What do you guys think?

-Fabian
    04-19-09 11:47 AM
    Hello,
    so I was wondering if RIM actually likes this portal? I mean, CB sometimes leaks stuff that I'm sure they don't like that stuff to be leaked...!
    But on the other hand it's the perfect source for lost BB-Owners, not knowing how important a battery-pull is or how to actually use this device ;-)!
    What do you guys think?

-Fabian

Kevin, are you out there???

I would like to know what type of relationship CB has w/ RIM too. RIM has got to be fully aware of CB and what the users are saying, but what do they think?? Good question
    04-19-09 12:06 PM
    Interesting question, I'm sure some RIM employees do, and some do not. It's even been speculated that some RIM employees are members here (respected members). I'm sure a lot of the carriers feel the same.

In general though this web site is THE best BB resource there is for people who like to mess with their phones, and who are not happy with the carrier tech's wipe and try again mentality (sometimes a wipe IS necessary)
    04-19-09 12:09 PM
    CB is a free market research company for RIM, so I'm sure they love us

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-19-09 12:12 PM
    Yes, imagine getting valuable information and troubleshooting without having to pay for it. Talk about a goldmine!

04-19-09 12:33 PM
    Hello,
    What do you guys think?

-Fabian
    Do you mean do they like this forum as opposed to other BB forums?

LOL

Not sure I'm understanding you entirely here.

Maybe they have paid employees whose job it is to monitor all the various BB sites and forums to see what is being said. Maybe that is part of their marketing research strategy.

I don't know.

Sounds kind of paranoid to me, but if so, I would like to apply for that job!
    04-19-09 12:42 PM
    It would be stupid for them not to monitor this and other bb forum sites. Free monitoring of what their users want.

04-19-09 12:47 PM
    I met some RIM employees at CES and it seemed like they had nothing but good things to say about CB. And they do monitor CB daily.
    04-19-09 12:47 PM
    My question is Is it good or not for us that RIM been monitoring CB on a daily basis?
    04-19-09 02:18 PM
    My question is Is it good or not for us that RIM been monitoring CB on a daily basis?
    I doubt they're secretly conspiring against us as they monitor CB. I'd imagine we're a pretty decent percentage of their BB clientele, so they're likely more concerned with the problems we're having and what we want to see than anything else. I'm sure they're unhappy with some of the threads, and some of the topics are discussed, but those kinds of threads seem few and far between when compared with the majority of the forums. Plus, some of the threads, like the carrier threads, have basically nothing to do with RIM. The problems I've had so far have been with my carrier, and not with RIM at all.
    04-19-09 02:43 PM
    I heard Kevin was on their payroll
    04-19-09 02:56 PM
    There is no doubt, issues raised on CrackBerry, Pinstack, BlackBerry Forums and many others are part of the feedback stream.

Are their Research in Motion employees registered here? Pretty well a certainly.

Are they able to comment freely? Not a chance. The non-disclosure agreements they have executed would mean their carrers are at stake if they reveal what they know.
    04-19-09 03:01 PM
    I heard Kevin was on their payroll
    haha thats f up
    04-19-09 04:06 PM
    RIM constantly manages CB, as well as thousands of over blackberry websites. Market research is absolutely ridiculous to get for free, and the internet is a tool that RIM utilizes.
    04-19-09 04:17 PM
    Not only that but with the "leaked" beta OS's that are tested here and other sites they have free and motivated testers.
    04-19-09 04:26 PM
    Conspiracy theory, anyone?
    04-19-09 04:45 PM
    I can't comment on RIM's knowledge or approval of CB but I can say that it was a verizon rep who turned me onto CB when he couldn't answer a question I had. I will never again have to call verizon or ask anyone else a question about my blackberry because thankfully CB's got my back!

04-19-09 05:11 PM
    RIM constantly manages CB, as well as thousands of over blackberry websites. Market research is absolutely ridiculous to get for free, and the internet is a tool that RIM utilizes.
    Nice to know we're just a "tool" lol

04-19-09 07:29 PM
    Interesting topic... mostly because I have thought a lot about this lately as well. Frankly, much of the feedback I give on this site is motivated by the fact that I am certain RIM is monitoring this site. I find it interesting that after upgrading to a new leaked beta and then giving frank and honest feedback, the "gripes" we come up with are fixed pretty quickly with a newly "leaked" beta. Hmmm.... I think it's pretty awesome to hear from a MOD that RIM has great respect for CB! Cool, eh?
    04-19-09 07:40 PM
    It doesn't surprise me in the least they'd monitor us and see what products of theirs has issues and what's working. As so many have said before free research is an amazing resource and we have a few million people here who happily try out OS leaks. I think there are probably threads they don't like seeing like 'good bye blackberry' but the majority of us are hooked and we can't wait to see what comes next.

04-19-09 07:51 PM
    Yes and no.
    RIM doesn't manage this site, but employees frequently do visit when the Knowledge Base goes down for maintenance.

CB is a free market research company for RIM, so I'm sure they love us

New Trainees are instructed not to use this site, as some fixes/suggestions may not be approved methods of troubleshooting.
    Not saying the information isn't invaluable, but if a Tech Support Agent followed instructions on this site to troubleshoot a device and, say, accidentally pulls up a JVM while synchronizing, RIM is liable.

Interesting question, I'm sure some RIM employees do, and some do not. It's even been speculated that some RIM employees are members here (respected members). I'm sure a lot of the carriers feel the same.

In general though this web site is THE best BB resource there is for people who like to mess with their phones, and who are not happy with the carrier tech's wipe and try again mentality (sometimes a wipe IS necessary)
    I'm a RIM employee, but I'm not a daily visitor.
    04-19-09 08:16 PM
    So I think CB should be the first to know about breaking RIM news...if it wasn't already.
    04-19-09 08:25 PM
    I will like to say if they did or didn't like this site ...it has to help with sales and make/help a person admire/love their devices more and more each day .....
    and with that they have to atleast like some things about this site ...
    as for leaked info,os's,etc much of the time it could be (r.i.m.) themselves
    04-19-09 08:25 PM
    Iv'e always thought the field testing of os's makes a lot of sense. You can lab test something as much as you want. Once it's out in the real world, that's when you find what you missed. Also, testing with only a small percentage of users makes PR sense if you screw up.
    Don't lose perspective. Let's say there are 10 million active blackberry users worldwide. Membership at CB is less than 1 million. Of that million, some come and go quickly. Of those that remain, some will tinker, some will not. You probably know people with BBs who wouldn't dare do some of the things done here. While vocal and important, the tinkerers do not represent the majority of users.
    04-19-09 09:46 PM
    Iv'e always thought the field testing of os's makes a lot of sense. You can lab test something as much as you want. Once it's out in the real world, that's when you find what you missed. Also, testing with only a small percentage of users makes PR sense if you screw up.
    Don't lose perspective. Let's say there are 10 million active blackberry users worldwide. Membership at CB is less than 1 million. Of that million, some come and go quickly. Of those that remain, some will tinker, some will not. You probably know people with BBs who wouldn't dare do some of the things done here. While vocal and important, the tinkerers do not represent the majority of users.
    04-19-09 11:38 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD