okay, so what am i going to need to do this correctly.

correctly being the operative word here peeps.
    Chelseytx, DONT DO IT!

Once you start, it will never end... It starts out small, change a trackball, then before you know it you'll be changing your housing...

It's another addiction to be avoided at all costs.

Don't say you were never warned...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-24-09 01:36 AM
    Lol I already want to, but the expense of it and the fact that it voids the warranty that I am paying for keeps me from doing it lol

Would I still be able to make a claim on ins if I would to change the housing??

03-24-09 01:46 AM
    Sorry, I'm not touching that one...

03-24-09 02:11 AM
    Ok, honest question, how often should one change their trackballs? Only when they are sticking?
    03-24-09 07:33 AM
    so by voiding the warrenty do you mean that they will not replace the phone for free? Or does that mean that you cant do an insurance claim on the phone ? Also to go with that question I bought my phone on craigslist so do I even have a warrenty?
    03-24-09 08:12 AM
    I'm with the majority here in saying that it will not void the warranty because the case itself has not been opened. If anyone needs the link for removing the trackball here it is...

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...move+trackball
    03-24-09 08:27 AM
    so by voiding the warrenty do you mean that they will not replace the phone for free? Or does that mean that you cant do an insurance claim on the phone ? Also to go with that question I bought my phone on craigslist so do I even have a warrenty?
    Bump for my question
    03-24-09 10:34 AM
    no... used devices never have warranties on them.. they are only to the original purchaser. you can try it, but it probably wot work/
    03-24-09 10:37 AM
    so by voiding the warrenty do you mean that they will not replace the phone for free? Or does that mean that you cant do an insurance claim on the phone ?

correct.

03-24-09 10:38 AM
    I am confused Chelsey, so I cant do an insurance claim? OR I cant get it replaced by the store ?

OR Both?
    03-24-09 10:43 AM
    you cant use the ausion ins (are you paying for it?)

you may be able to do it under home owners or renters ins.

you can TRY to call Verizon see if they will replace, it but i doubt they will.
    03-24-09 10:45 AM
    well my phone isnt broken i was just thinking of replacing the housing and wondered if asurion would replace if damge happens later after the phone is switched
    03-24-09 11:58 AM
    i dont think so. pretty sure that it voids the insurance as well.
    03-24-09 12:06 PM
    The way this was explained to me was that it is considered a user
    replaceable part and therefore has no effect on the warranty.
    Same as the battery, battery door, screen cover. As long as the
    phone has not been opened the warranty is fine.
    so why did you get all mad at me in the other thread if you CAN replace the screen cover?
    03-24-09 02:12 PM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD