Does nTelos have 3G on there Blackberry's?

In the upper right hand corner of my Blackberry, it says 1XEV.

I have a Nationwide 3G calling plan, so wouldn't that mean I would have 3G on my Blackberry?

Below are some photo's on what I am talking about.

This is a picture of the Tour from nTelos. (Notice it says 1XEV up in the corner)This is a picture of the Bold from AT&T. (Notice it says 3G up in the corner)
    03-07-10 09:01 PM
    According to wikipedia, they are a CDMA carrier, like Sprint or Verizon, and as such have thier 3G has EVDO, or 1XEV, so yes you have 3G.
    03-07-10 10:37 PM
    1XEV like pkcable stated, is 3G service. your equivalent of 2G would be just 1X.

the reason it doesnt say "3G", is because all of the pre 5.0 CDMA phones arent programmed to show 3G when connected to EVDO services, they will just say "1XEV". however, the new 5.0 OS's will show just 3G when you have EVDO available, and will change to 1X when you arent in an EVDO area. hope that clears up why yours doesnt say 3G. GSM phones, like the Bold you posted, were programmed in their 4.6 OS's and up to display 3G.
    03-07-10 11:47 PM
    1XEV like pkcable stated, is 3G service. your equivalent of 2G would be just 1X.

the reason it doesnt say "3G", is because all of the pre 5.0 CDMA phones arent programmed to show 3G when connected to EVDO services, they will just say "1XEV". however, the new 5.0 OS's will show just 3G when you have EVDO available, and will change to 1X when you arent in an EVDO area. hope that clears up why yours doesnt say 3G. GSM phones, like the Bold you posted, were programmed in their 4.6 OS's and up to display 3G.
    Well nTelos just released a new Blackberry.
    Blackberry Curve 8530.

It's running 5.0
    So it will say 3G on it?

I have the Tour 9630, and mine says 1XEV
    05-14-10 01:13 AM
    What difference does it make? As stated above, 1XEV IS 3G. The display is just cosmetic.

Some OS versions display it and some do not.
    05-14-10 05:48 AM
    Well nTelos just released a new Blackberry.
    Blackberry Curve 8530.

It's running 5.0
    So it will say 3G on it?

I have the Tour 9630, and mine says 1XEV
    The BB Curve 8530 will show 1XEV but it is 3G... as stated before it's mainly the difference between CDMA & GSM...
    05-15-10 11:09 AM
    The BB Curve 8530 will show 1XEV but it is 3G... as stated before it's mainly the difference between CDMA & GSM...

Alright.
    Thanks.
    05-20-10 09:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD