I just got a blackberry curve 8520 and set up my gmail account on there. I get a lot of junk mail, so its annoying that everytime i get an email, it sends it as a text as well. is there anyway to change this setting..i dont want to receive a text for each email.
    12-18-09 01:11 PM
    I have my gmail account on my bb as well. It seems if you send an email with your gmail the gmail account forwards a copy to your inbox so you'll get it on the bb. I get it all the time when I email using my gmail. I haven't figured out how to turn it off.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-18-09 01:14 PM
    go into your options to change it, it's really easy!
    12-18-09 01:16 PM
    hmm i go to my options...but i cant figure it out. any advice?
    12-18-09 01:18 PM
    You might have to change it in your gmail options once you log on. I checked it on the bb and couldn't locate the settings. I'm just going to deal with it.

12-18-09 01:20 PM
    I have never heard of Gmail sending text messages with email messages.

They only thing I can think of is that you are talking about your Messages Folder Icon and Gmail Inbox Icon show that you have a new message. Remember, when you get a message, it will always show up in the Messages Folder as well as your email inbox.

If that is not it, unfortunately, I am unsure what it could be.
    12-18-09 01:25 PM
    yea i guess that i dont like how i get notified in both my message folder icon as well as my gmail inbox icon. i just want it to notify me in the inbox icon. there's nothin i could do about that?
    12-18-09 03:02 PM
    Your sure it's coming as a SMS text or is it just showing up in both your gmail icon and you messages icon.
    12-18-09 03:54 PM
    yea i guess that i dont like how i get notified in both my message folder icon as well as my gmail inbox icon. i just want it to notify me in the inbox icon. there's nothin i could do about that?
    Hide your messages folder.

12-18-09 03:57 PM
    um NO i need my messages folder for text messages and BBM ...i just dont want my junkmail clogging it up. thanks to those with insightful feedback!
    12-18-09 04:29 PM
    Do you have a SMS/MMS inbox? If so you can then hide your messages folder.

You could also set up filters for your Gmail account. Just have what you want go to your BB.

Or be patient, an update will come that will let you decide what does and doesn't go into your message folder. All the new BB's with 5.0 have a "list setting" in the message options.
    12-18-09 05:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD