Wow...I'm a noob...and I'm almost afraid to post for fear of being bashed...but...everybody has an opinion. I think it's how we express those opinions that people find offensive. There is a tactful and a not so tactful way....just something to think about.
    And whose to decide how one should/not express themselves. Around here, people only "hear" you if you're either thinking along their path. Individuality is what sets us all apart. Until you know someone on a personal level, you have no idea whether they are being tactful or not.

Last time I checked, I didnt see one face jump off this forum. I wouldnt know if someone is laughing or crying for that matter. People choose to take the words of others and instead of taking in what was said, instead tell us what we meant by them. I think I am quite capable of conveying what I mean.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-15-08 12:41 PM
    another posiblity is a q
    08-15-08 12:41 PM
    If you guys wanna argue about non BB related stuff, can you just PM each other instead of doing it in this thread?

kthxbai
    08-15-08 12:42 PM
    I also think it was a world edition BB it looked like the case would have covered camera plus looked a little too wide IMHO for a Iphone.
    BTW, What is a world edition BB? Never heard of it before.
    08-15-08 12:44 PM

8830 series released by CDMA carriers, it allows them to use GSM outside the USA
    08-15-08 12:46 PM
    The World Edition is the 8830, or maybe just all 88xx's (I'm not positive if ALL 88xx's are World Editions)
    08-15-08 12:46 PM
    BlackBerry 8830� Smartphone Wireless Handled Device | Sleek Design with High Performance Features | Global Roaming
    08-15-08 12:47 PM
    What phone she was using is just a technicality. One thing is for sure, she dialed the wrong number because my phone didn't ring.

08-15-08 07:32 PM
    Nastia just said on TV that her mom had her phone off ^^^
    08-15-08 07:44 PM
    I usually really enjoy visiting the forum- fun and friendly but then there are times(like this very moment) when I see a post that is rude and even more so useless(perceived or actual as the orignal post). My gawd....amazinggraceless...you definitely lived up to your screen name on this one..... Lighten up and let's keep CB atleast cordial.

08-15-08 07:56 PM
    i have proof that she uses an iphone. the photos and video are uploading.
    08-15-08 09:56 PM
    What a D|CK!!!
    Thank you for showing us your ignorance. As AG said name calling ALWAYS loses you the argument. Not to mention that what we did in JUNIOR HIGH.

If we post a sighting we are "idolizing" a celeb? Doubt it. It cant just be something we think is cool? Or do we have to conform to what more well known members think is relevant to post?

Like you said, freedom of speech and all.
    Nobody said you had to conform. But the man can speak his mind. Spend some more time here and you might understand.

I usually really enjoy visiting the forum- fun and friendly but then there are times(like this very moment) when I see a post that is rude and even more so useless(perceived or actual as the orignal post). My gawd....amazinggraceless...you definitely lived up to your screen name on this one..... Lighten up and let's keep CB atleast cordial.

As on the post above, you should spend some more time here and you might understand. So it's rude and even more so useless, and you just had to add on top of it. WOW. Nice contradiction.
    08-15-08 10:13 PM
    I actually like the post here. It was a way to get (us) the BB & CB community talking about other things. I know that this site was & is mainly about the use of BB, but at the same token does it have to be. That's just my 2 cents, keep the change or throw it away.
    08-15-08 10:24 PM
    It was an iphone :-(

08-16-08 01:57 AM
    Quote: "As on the post above, you should spend some more time here and you might understand. So it's rude and even more so useless, and you just had to add on top of it. WOW. Nice contradiction."

I have been visiting this forum for many years now and generally don't pay attention to the occassional flame but I have noticed it getting worse and worse to the point that my wife(a new BB user) has said based on reading posts "some of the people on CB are vicious and I am afraid to post." She prefers to spend her time places(forums) where no venom is being spewed and when a newbie comes on the scene they are not afraid to post because of it. Nothing to understand here.I thought that there were a series of posts by admin addressing this very thing.. As I see it few people like to make judgment calls(yourself included) on what posts are relevant and worth the forum space they occupy. Then you proceed to then post a a reply that is as stated in another post-"Junior High". My initial post was not contradictory, it was rather succinct-- We all have opinions and interests and love our BB. On a BB forum, one would think one could post their interests and opinions about BB, its usage, and popularity without getting blasted. I don't care at all about what phone a celebrity might be using but I am not going to respond at all to that post-let alone negative. (Read slowly, I did not just contradict myself-in this case I responded to ag and your posts). Simply stated, there was a time that everyone was friendly in their response or chose not to respond at all.

08-16-08 09:48 AM
    I'm just not sure exactly how posting your disdain about a thread in that thread is accomplishing anything. While this is the United States and it's a free country, this website is private and you don't own it.

If the admin says it's OK then it's OK (since the site "owner" deems them in control of said private website), just go on your merry way and deal with it without ruining everyone else's experience.

As for being on topic, you guys ruined my TV viewing for tonight since this is on my DVR. Go USA!
    08-16-08 10:40 AM
    @cwadams. 1st off I didn't comment on the topic at hand. I made no comment either way as to the OP's original post. I did comment on everyone ganging up on AG. He made a comment, right or wrong, and there was no need for everyone to jump on him. His comment was directed towards the OP, and IMHO, is/was between them.

In reference to my comments, maybe you do not spend a lot of time here, but there are some questionable threads made. And to some I assume it could be quite annoying. I was simply stating if you spent more time here you might could atleast undewrstand where AG was coming from regardless of weather it was right or wrong. I quoted you specifically and responded to it. There was no reason for you to worry about or comment on my comments towards another member. So how my comment on someone being totally rude(d*c* comment) in no way shape or form concerned you and why you felt compelled to comment on it is beyond me. I wasn't rude with my reply to you so why you feel the need to chime ij and slight me looks rather immature in itself. Regardless, have a nice day sir.

08-16-08 11:01 AM
    For all of the people that somehow think they have taken me
    to task over this issue, you are very very wrong.

Pardon me, but I was not aware that to post in a thread one
    had to be in lockstep agreement with the OP.

Furthermore, nothing and I do mean nothing will change my
    opinion that the whole "BB spotting" is comfort for the weak
    minded that need affirmation that they have a "cool" device
    because hey look at all the celebs that have one.

My objection to this thread aside from it's existence is that
    it exists in the BB discussion Forum. If ever there were a thread
    that should be deemed OFF-TOPIC this is one as it does
    abso friggin lutely nothing to increase anyones knowledge or
    understanding of their device. The very definition of OFF-TOPIC.

But since the site admin puts these things front and center
    on the blogs every chance available, I guess it's ok for this
    to live here. Somewhat hypocritical, but whatever.
    08-16-08 11:11 AM
    Again, AmazinglyGraceless is really giving everyone a hint!! He's trying to tell all of us about the value of life and not a material object!! Don't get me wrong, I love my Curve, but I love life and my family better!! Myself and AG also do realize that this is a CB site so that's what people prey on. What celeb carries this and that. That's good to know but maybe we all should step out besides ourselves and say �Hey!!, are we really idolators at the moment??� Did I get it right AG from your perspective?? Just checking brother!!

08-16-08 11:27 AM
    Yes Apollo you did. But again, the site admins engage in this
    practice so threads like this will never be moved to where
    they actually belong - OFF TOPIC.

Honestly I could not care less what any celeb or athlete uses for a phone,
    and why anyone else does is a mystery to me. But if it HAS TO BE
    discussed, put that discussion in the right place.

Considering the drama over another well known CB thread
    in recent days it just seems massively hypocritical of the
    site owner and the MODS to allow this thing to be in this
    particular section.
    08-16-08 11:35 AM
    Some of you people who always claim to NOT care about their BB tend to be the ones who spend the most time on this site. I'm just saying...

08-16-08 11:38 AM

particular section.
    Yeah AG, I know what you mean. Like yesterday a member by the name of Jerry12 took a swing at me even though I said I was kidding, but yet, they kept his post up when he tried me and removed mine for defending myself!! This is the same guy that asked me if I wanted him to prove to me that he wasn't gay!! Which none of that ever came out of my mouth!! I pretty much told him where to get off at but I guess since it was coming from a US MARINE they didn't have any use for it on the forum!! What Ever!!!!!!!!!!

08-16-08 11:45 AM
    Some of you people who always claim to NOT care about their BB tend to be the ones who spend the most time on this site. I'm just saying...

Ok, get it right. He said he doesn't care about what "OTHER" people use. What does that have to do with being on the site?? He does care about what "HE" uses, which is why he's on the site. Also, FYI, AG is one of the MOST HELPFUL members on this site HANDS DOWN. I'm 110% sure that alot of people recovered their BRICKED Berry's because of him. He's helped alot with people removing IT policies, etc. His main point was this is not educational and serves no "HELPFUL" purpose. But you're WAY off base as to why he's on the site. That comment really made no sense.
    08-16-08 11:48 AM
    Ok, get it right. He said he doesn't care about what "OTHER" people use. What does that have to do with being on the site?? He does care about what "HE" uses, which is why he's on the site. Also, FYI, AG is one of the MOST HELPFUL members on this site HANDS DOWN. I'm 110% sure that alot of people recovered their BRICKED Berry's because of him. He's helped alot with people removing IT policies, etc. His main point was this is not educational and serves no "HELPFUL" purpose. But you're WAY off base as to why he's on the site. That comment really made no sense.
    Nice comment J_MC!! They really do need to back up off of AG!! TRUST ME!!!
    08-16-08 11:55 AM

particular section.
    Indeed. In light of those recent events, it is inexplicable to me why this thread is not in OT. In addition, I agree with AG, who cares what the stars carry. It does nothing for me as well.
    08-16-08 11:56 AM
87 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD