There are times when my blackberry reacts slow, its seems that it is freezing. I try to select an option and the trackball takes a moment to react. I scroll down options and its very slow. I don't have to many programs running so i am not sure why its doing this. Anyone have any ideas.
    03-31-08 11:02 AM
    Check your free memory. If it's low (ie <10 MB or so), you may need to delete some things.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-31-08 11:06 AM
    ill take a look thanks.
    03-31-08 11:19 AM
    You may also just might want to reboot. Memory can become fragmented after garbage colection and have this result.

Patrick

03-31-08 11:21 AM
    yeah, every few months or so I notice a lag and I usually just dump all the media I'm not using and do a restart. Usually takes care of it. Once the whole thing froze and I needed to get it repaired, but it doesn't sound like you're there yet.
    03-31-08 11:43 AM
    I reboot every morning before I go to work... I guess (like a WM6) rebooting closes all apps running in background and frees up memory...
    03-31-08 07:17 PM
    Happens to everyone to some degree. If its that bad, then you need to check your file free
    Options>status>file free
    Mine is 14804937 Bytes

03-31-08 08:51 PM
    Make sure you clean up your RSS feeds and bb browser, and opera mini. Depending on what you use.
    03-31-08 09:48 PM
    There are times when my blackberry reacts slow, its seems that it is freezing. I try to select an option and the trackball takes a moment to react. I scroll down options and its very slow. I don't have to many programs running so i am not sure why its doing this. Anyone have any ideas.
    The best suggestion I can give to you is BlackBerry 101.
    03-31-08 11:02 PM
    Also remember to go into "view folders" with messaging options and select each folder and delete. I usually delete sent sms/mms as those are the files most people forget.
    04-01-08 12:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD