Does g-mail still not sync 2-way on BIS? I have a gmail account and if I open or delete an e-mail on my BB Curve 9330, it shows as open/read or deletes off gmail. However, if I am at my laptop and read or delete an e-mail from there, it doesn't show as read or delete off the phone. This is kind of irritating sometimes when you get alot of mail and then have to go back onto to your phone to re-delete them all. Does anyone have any solutions to this? I saw a couple threads which I posted below that said it would be fixed in 2010 but I am still having the problem. Thank you!

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=397902

KB05133-Email reconciliation features for the BlackBerry Internet Service
    01-24-12 08:53 PM
    Delete your Gmail account from BIS.
    Go into your Gmail settings in your browser (full version might be required, not mobile), disable POP, enable IMAP.
    Re-add your Gmail account on BIS.
    Edit your synchronization settings on BIS to select those elements you want to sync.
    01-24-12 09:37 PM
    Hey NYMets, Still having issues with your emails, did you ever get the outlook issues solved?
    01-24-12 09:44 PM
    I am having the same issue with my hotmail account. Do I go through the same process as described to get gmail to properly sync?
    Thanks in advance!
    01-25-12 02:15 AM
    I don't use Hotmail, but I don't think their free email service supports IMAP. I think you have to have a paid account, like Yahoo. Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong.
    Jaguarr40 likes this.
    01-25-12 06:10 AM
    Hey NYMets, Still having issues with your emails, did you ever get the outlook issues solved?
    Hi Rosebud...just having problems with gmail. I never got the outlook issues resolved but I did find out that everything is working the way it is supposed to. Getting it to the sync the way like gmail does you can't because of pop3. If you need more information on it, let me know and I can post the information that someone else posted about that pop3 limitation.

I will try those gmail steps and let you know how it comes out...
    01-25-12 07:58 AM
    Go into your Gmail settings in your browser (full version might be required, not mobile), disable POP, enable IMAP.
    Edit your synchronization settings on BIS to select those elements you want to sync.
    I just went through the steps you listed. Deleted gmail from BIS, disabled POP, enabled IMAP (which was already enabled before), re-added gmail account on BIS, and then edited the sync settings. I checked contacts and deleted items. Contacts work fine.

I just sent a test e-mail and it came to my phone instantly. I read and deleted it off my computer and it did not show as read on the phone and still has not deleted off the phone (about 25 minutes later right now). I have tried this before and have waited a whole day and it still hasn't come off
    01-25-12 08:51 AM
    Hmm. And you've enabled wireless synchronization? Are you using a desktop client like Outlook, or just the Gmail website? Did you move the email out of the Inbox before deleting it?

• Go into Messages, hit Menu>Options>Email Reconciliation.
    • Select your Gmail account.
    • Make sure Wireless Reconcile is checked.
    • Set Delete On to Prompt, or Mailbox and Handheld, whatever your preference is.
    • Choose an option for On Conflict, either Mailbox Wins, or Handheld Wins. I usually leave mine on Mailbox Wins.
    Jaguarr40 likes this.
    01-25-12 09:04 AM
    Someone told me that once the e-mails are on your BB, you have to manually delete them off of there.

Yes I have enabled wireless synchronization and I am just using the Gmail website. I did not move the e-mail out of the Inbox before deleting it.

I went into messages and checked all that stuff out. Wireless Reconcile is checked. Delete on Prompt and I have mailbox wins. All the same stuff that you listed.

Maybe this is just the way it is. I am getting so frustrated with blackberry. I don't want to change when my contract comes up later this year but all I hear from people who have androids or iphones they don't have these issues.
    01-25-12 09:14 AM
    It's not BlackBerry. Trust me, I have zero problems with my Gmail account reconciling most of the time. Yes, I get delays, too, when something is hosed, but for the most part it works quite well.
    01-25-12 09:43 AM
    hmmm...then what do you think it could be?
    01-25-12 09:46 AM
    hmmm...then what do you think it could be?
    There is no two-way sych with Gmail. Messages deleted/read on your device will be reflected instantly on your computer. However, messages read/deleted on your computer either don't sync or it takes a while. This isn't an issue specific to your device. The only email service that will give you true two-way sync on a Blackberry is Yahoo.
    01-25-12 12:49 PM
    There is no two-way sych with Gmail. Messages deleted/read on your device will be reflected instantly on your computer. However, messages read/deleted on your computer either don't sync or it takes a while. This isn't an issue specific to your device. The only email service that will give you true two-way sync on a Blackberry is Yahoo.
    Thanks vrs. That is what other people had said but as seen above some believed that it does happen and does work. I guess mine doesn't sync and now known it isn't an issue specific to the device. Do you think that there would be two-way sync on an android or iphone? I am curious just seeing what other options are out there when my contract runs out.
    01-25-12 01:13 PM
    Thanks vrs. That is what other people had said but as seen above some believed that it does happen and does work. I guess mine doesn't sync and now known it isn't an issue specific to the device. Do you think that there would be two-way sync on an android or iphone? I am curious just seeing what other options are out there when my contract runs out.
    Yea, I've seen some people say that they have it working. Not sure why that's the case, but I think that for most people there is either a long delay or no syncing at all from computer to Blackberry.

I wish I could help with the Android/iPhone question, but I'm not certain. I'm sure someone else will be able to answer that for you.
    01-25-12 02:03 PM
    rrrebo is exactly correct. Follow this advice and you will have a 2 way sync on what you choose in BIS that you want to sync.
    01-25-12 06:16 PM
    I just went through the steps you listed. Deleted gmail from BIS, disabled POP, enabled IMAP (which was already enabled before), re-added gmail account on BIS, and then edited the sync settings. I checked contacts and deleted items. Contacts work fine.

I just sent a test e-mail and it came to my phone instantly. I read and deleted it off my computer and it did not show as read on the phone and still has not deleted off the phone (about 25 minutes later right now). I have tried this before and have waited a whole day and it still hasn't come off
    Why not just control it on your phone and once read then just delete from phone and server?
    01-25-12 06:19 PM
    As I almost exclusively manage my email on my BlackBerry, I guess I never really noticed a delay from desktop to device. Not sure what else to do.
    01-26-12 08:28 AM
    Yea that is good idea Jaguar I can just control it from there. Although sometimes I at my computer most of the time and that is why I do it.

I agree about what rrrebo said to do and I did exactly that and nothing happened. Plus the other guy, vrs, said it doesn't happen at all to sync 2-way like that from desktop to phone.

rrrebo are you saying you have a delay too? I thought it worked for you before.
    01-26-12 09:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD