I'm guessing the title says it all.. but for a little context.

I'm out travelling, and using my BB on roaming. It try to use it on wi-fi most of the time, but sometimes there's not a good-harted person with an open wifi around.

So, I turned off all apps, and I enabled the Firewall option (Setting > Options > Security Options > Firewall: enabled), so I only get Pins and Emails from specific people.

My question is: am I still getting charged for the blocked pins and emails? the Firewall options shows how many of them it has blocked, but I'm not 100% sure if this lowers the data usage.

Anyone?
    10-28-10 11:31 AM
    I have used the firewall wall to screen out SMS messages, there were no extra charges on my account when messages failed to deliver.

You will only be charged for the data the roaming carrier can deliver. If the firewall is activated, there should be no delivery.

You can also set data off while roaming at:

Options / Data Service
    10-28-10 11:41 AM
    I have used the firewall wall to screen out SMS messages, there were no extra charges on my account when messages failed to deliver.
    That has not been my experience. I have my firewall set to block SMS messages except from those in my contacts and did not think twice since I set it that way earlier this year. But a couple months back, I actually checked my usage, and found that there was an SMS sent to my phone once a week at the same time on the same day of the week. I checked my settings and it did show a bunch of blocked SMS messages. But I still got dinged on my account for each one (I don't have a texting plan since I hardly ever use it myself). I guess from AT&T's side, it went through their network to get to my phone so it counts. How does it know if the message is blocked once it gets to my phone? The only way around that was to block that number through AT&T.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-28-10 02:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD