It was just this Christmas I had received a BlackBerry. I was hesitant because of all the slack I've heard from non-Berry users. However, all of my friends with a BlackBerry pushed for me to get one. I received the device in the mail and immediately fell in love with it. I now get annoyed when people prefer Android, seeing that Android is so unorganized and buggy. In my opinion, the BlackBerry is the most efficient way of communication and what a mobile device should be. All of my messaging needs are satisfied perfectly. Not to mention, all models are sexy. If I want to screw around with Angry Birds, I have an iPod Touch 4G, and even that is neglected now due to my BlackBerry.

Ah well, another BlackBerry user that will never leave the platform.
    BlackBerry will never die with loyalists like myself.
    No matter how much "media" and "social" discrimination.
    BlackBerry forever.
    (and if you haven't had one and you trash it, please, you are so ignorant)
    BlackBerry forever.
    itsjess likes this.
    12-31-10 07:03 PM
    It was just this Christmas I had received a BlackBerry. I was hesitant because of all the slack I've heard from non-Berry users. However, all of my friends with a BlackBerry pushed for me to get one. I received the device in the mail and immediately fell in love with it. I now get annoyed when people prefer Android, seeing that Android is so unorganized and buggy. In my opinion, the BlackBerry is the most efficient way of communication and what a mobile device should be. All of my messaging needs are satisfied perfectly. Not to mention, all models are sexy. If I want to screw around with Angry Birds, I have an iPod Touch 4G, and even that is neglected now due to my BlackBerry.

BlackBerry forever.
    BlackBerry forever.
    so basically you fell to peer pressure and didnt make up your own mine. and also prefer my android over my BB. Does that annoy you?
    12-31-10 07:06 PM
    Lol. Now now. Let him bask in glory of "going black". OMG did I just say that? Hahahahahahahahahahaha
    howarmat likes this.
    12-31-10 07:09 PM

BlackBerry forever.
    BlackBerry forever.
    This post is just plain STUPID on sooooo many levels. Why on earth would you get annoyed when someone prefers Android over BB, since it's so "unorganized and buggy"? And ALL BB models are so sexy?
    Last edited by 67Tucker; 12-31-10 at 07:20 PM.
    12-31-10 07:16 PM
    Ladies and gentlemen, this isn't a ipssing match. Lol. Everyone should use whatever device WORKS FOR THEIR NEEDS
    *gets popcorn & pop, sits back & watches*

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    K Bear and itsjess like this.
    12-31-10 07:18 PM
    If you have an Android phone, please explain what you are doing on CrackBerry.
    12-31-10 07:21 PM
    He has both I think. As will I IF I get my Torch sold.
    12-31-10 07:23 PM
    To answer your thread question - NO

What does annoy me are the over the top, cheer leading, instant, sprinkle with
    water and grow a fanboy types of any device. But that's just me
    K Bear and Daniel Ratcliffe like this.
    12-31-10 07:27 PM
    Seems like this is your first smartphone. Don't worry, many of us were there at one point or another. I'm not going to start bashing BBs or anything but what I will say is that, until you've tried all the other platforms, you really can't give a balanced opinion.

If the BB works for you, that's great, stick with it. Maybe down the line (like most people) you'll get to a point where you desire a little more functionality like checking a video link someone emails to you or maybe wanting to email a picture you just took without degrading the quality... then and only then will you start to seek out other device and start to see the pros and cons of the BB...

(not to say the other two major platforms don't have their flaws too but RIM needs to step it up.)
    12-31-10 07:30 PM
    Let me rephrase this, I did have an LG Optimus for about a week before my BlackBerry, my dad has an HTC Evo, and I have the newest iOS release on my iPod. Believe me I know all of the platforms.
    12-31-10 07:33 PM
    Seems like this is your first smartphone. Don't worry, many of us were there at one point or another. I'm not going to start bashing BBs or anything but what I will say is that, until you've tried all the other platforms, you really can't give a balanced opinion.

If the BB works for you, that's great, stick with it. Maybe down the line (like most people) you'll get to a point where you desire a little more functionality like checking a video link someone emails to you or maybe wanting to email a picture you just took without degrading the quality... then and only then will you start to seek out other device and start to see the pros and cons of the BB...

(not to say the other two major platforms don't have their flaws too but RIM needs to step it up.)
    12-31-10 07:33 PM
    I have had BB for quite a long time and it has its issues I really want the incredible and will one of these days. I am not bashing but it is a matter of choice
    12-31-10 07:45 PM
    What does annoy me are the over the top, cheer leading, instant, sprinkle with
    water and grow a fanboy types of any device. But that's just me
    Couldn't have said it better. This needs a thanks, will IOU for now lol

To the OP: it's all user preference. IMO iOS is the most polished ootb OS and Android is far from disorganized. BB's do get things done efficiently, no argument there; but I don't think you're giving the other platforms enough credit. They're just as efficient if you get the chip off your shoulder.

12-31-10 07:48 PM
    Why should anyone justify him/herself to you, do you own the place? We (Android users) are encouraged to be here by the way. Incase you're wondering, we're pretty much invariably former BB users who switched platforms because our wants/needs changed and BB didnt meet our specific needs as well as other devices. Many of us still have relevant knowledge of the BB platform and help out the BB users. Who knows, one of us may well be the first to answer a question you ask. Don't look down your nose at us, bub.

As to the rest of the post that does sound sort of like less making up your own mind and more folks pushing you into the BB cult. Yes, I said cult because you are expressing unwavering devotion to the platform.

Such devotion is also the sign of an unwise consumer. A wise consumer looks at all varities of a given type of item to ensure the item they have still meets their needs the best. I'm not saying that buying a BB is unwise, but rather it isn't wise to limit your options.

Am I glad that you found a device you're happy with? Sure. I wouldn't care if it's a BB, iPhone, Android or something else. Congratulations for finding what works for you. Just keep in mind it never hurts to review your needs and rival devices to make sure your chosen device still meets them.

I don't understand why it annoys you if Android users are happy with them? Many of us like them for the hackability, and more or less total control over our devices.
    Last edited by the_sandman_454; 12-31-10 at 08:16 PM.
    12-31-10 08:12 PM
    All of the top shelf devices have their strengths and weaknesses. I like my 9800, just like I liked my i4 before it, and my dozen Berries before that. I guess I'm old enough not to really care what other people think, like or dont like about my choice in a smartphone. Im the only one I have to please.
    Daniel Ratcliffe likes this.
    12-31-10 09:30 PM
    Im the only one I have to please.
    +1.
    If only more people could just see it that way.

I don't care what anybody thinks about my phone vs. their phone. I will not endeavor to tell anyone what should work best for them, and I'd appreciate the same consideration unless I ask. But what I would really, really like is for people to stop telling me that that my phone sucks just because they don't happen to like it. Just STFU and try to grasp the fact that what's best for you and what's best for me may very well be two different things.

ThePinkChameleon likes this.
    12-31-10 10:02 PM
    It doesn't bother me at all...I love my BlackBerry for what it does for me. If someone is an android user(or iphone) and shuns thew BBs, then that's on them. Its not like I'm going to be hurt that they don't like what I like.
    01-02-11 02:40 PM
    I don't derive my assessment or liking of the products I own, based on others' opinions. So what if 100 billion people own Jesus phones, or Androids. I'll probably own many different phones before I kick the bucket. And even if I didn't--if I kept buying BB, I STILL don't give a rat's a s s what others think about my choices.
    01-02-11 03:11 PM
    Nope, Shun is a bit silly though. Yes, I am the outcast of my village because I use a BB Storm 2. Woe is me.

Seriously, Droids,Iphones and even Win 7 phones are all pretty nifty devices. I just feel comfortable with my BB. It suits all my everyday needs. If I were younger and still living in NYC where public transit is an everyday thing, then maybe. I drive everywhere here in PA and really don't have time for anything than my business and my family. Again, BB fills all my needs, especially as a communication tool. Is it the best? yes, in my eyes and for me.
    01-02-11 03:17 PM
    We are all current as well as former BB users. Why should I leave a community I have been a part of now for almost 3 years just because I have an Android device? Because you get annoyed every time you see my device listing? Sorry my world doesn't revolve around what strangers want me to do.
    howarmat likes this.
    01-02-11 03:21 PM
    This post is just plain STUPID on sooooo many levels. Why on earth would you get annoyed when someone prefers Android over BB...
    Likely because of Android users like you
    01-02-11 03:59 PM
    As a matter of fact, Retention called me this morning to inform me he has an Incredible for me as a replacement. So, I am jumping ship, but as one person said, I am still viable for helping those who have BB as their device. Both are good platforms. I don't bash and don't want anyone to be bashing those who happen to want to make a switch.
    01-02-11 04:34 PM
    All of us former BB users are still good for helping out BB users
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    01-02-11 04:35 PM
    All of us former BB users are still good for helping out BB users
    There are indeed a few very helpful "former" BlackBerry users on this site.
    I hope the Incredible works out for you.
    01-02-11 04:41 PM
    People shunning Blackberry doesn't annoy me. What does annoy me is when RIM shun their non-North American users by disabling aspects of the operating system and then ignoring all requests to explain why! If this doesn't change, there is no way my next phone will be a Blackberry. Much as I like them, if a company shows such disrespect for so many of it's customers, it doesn't deserve customer loyalty.
    K Bear likes this.
    01-02-11 04:54 PM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD