If i was to charge it when its at 40-20 percent could it damage it and also
    if the phone is charged to 100% and you accidntly leave it on extra 2 hours could that damge it
    im using a torch 9860
    12-22-11 08:21 PM
    Frequent recharging or topping off your lithium battery will not harm it, nor shorten its life. The charging controller circuitry in your Torch will won't allow it to be over-charged, so leaving it on the charger for a few hours after it is fully charged will also not hurt the battery.
    12-22-11 10:36 PM
    In addition to the above post, the type of material the battery is made of makes a difference in when it is best to charge it. I believe most Lithium ion batteries are actually more stable in the charged state, which would mean that leaving it on the charger is actually a good thing provided it does not heat the cell up or provide an overvoltage causing the material to undego chemistry that it wasn't intended to go through (over charging features mentioned above prevent this). The stability in the charged state has to do with minimizing the strain that is created in the electrode interface as the lithium ions are intercalated (moved into and out of) from the host material.

Phase transformations and volume changes in spinel LixMn2O4 | Mendeley
    12-22-11 10:44 PM
    Frequent recharging or topping off your lithium battery will not harm it, nor shorten its life. The charging controller circuitry in your Torch will won't allow it to be over-charged, so leaving it on the charger for a few hours after it is fully charged will also not hurt the battery.
    i agree with Jeff. from what i gathered, lithium ion batteries dont like being fully discharged, then recharged. so i wouldnt make it a regular thing. but getting that low every now and again shouldnt be too much of an issue. just limit it.
    12-23-11 01:29 AM
    In addition to the above post, the type of material the battery is made of makes a difference in when it is best to charge it. I believe most Lithium ion batteries are actually more stable in the charged state, which would mean that leaving it on the charger is actually a good thing provided it does not heat the cell up or provide an overvoltage causing the material to undego chemistry that it wasn't intended to go through (over charging features mentioned above prevent this). The stability in the charged state has to do with minimizing the strain that is created in the electrode interface as the lithium ions are intercalated (moved into and out of) from the host material.

Phase transformations and volume changes in spinel LixMn2O4 | Mendeley
    That was a mouthful! Lol
    12-23-11 01:37 AM
    @Spike12, CHEM major?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    12-23-11 01:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD