We all know that all mobile devices are hackable. Just some are harder than others. Like the BlackBerry. Would the cia/nsa benefit if blackberry seized to exist?
    If so, could they in fact launch an operations to put BlackBerry out of business? Or reduce the BlackBerry footprint.
    10-30-13 01:10 PM
    Jason Bourne carries a 9930 doesn't he?

Posted via my BlackBerry Z10
    10-30-13 01:13 PM
    We all know that all mobile devices are hackable. Just some are harder than others. Like the BlackBerry. Would the cia/nsa benefit if blackberry seized to exist?
    If so, could they in fact launch an operations to put BlackBerry out of business? Or reduce the BlackBerry footprint.
    It would certainly make their life easier if BB went under. The good news is that the NSA also employed Edward Snowden. This guy is a walking, talking advertisement for BB.
    10-30-13 01:24 PM
    The NSA does not need to launch an operation to put BlackBerry out of business. BlackBerry seems to be more than up to the task themselves.

When are people going to stop looking for some scary, external, anti-BlackBerry force hellbent on destroying the company? BlackBerry's issues are self created. Period.
    10-30-13 01:27 PM
    The NSA does not need to launch an operation to put BlackBerry out of business. BlackBerry seems to be more than up to the task themselves.

When are people going to stop looking for some scary, external, anti-BlackBerry force hellbent on destroying the company? BlackBerry's issues are self created. Period.
    That maybe true. Blackberry put themselves on the edge of a cliff. But external forces (competitors, spy agencies etc) can help Blackberry to go over. It happens all the time. It's call business espionage.
    10-30-13 01:34 PM
    It would certainly make their life easier if BB went under. The good news is that the NSA also employed Edward Snowden. This guy is a walking, talking advertisement for BB.
    Hey, maybe BB can hire Snowden to do the next SuperBowl commercial.
    10-30-13 01:36 PM
    Ooh I love a good conspiracy thread

Posted via CB10
    10-30-13 01:38 PM
    Exactly how your name sounds: Digital Madness
    10-30-13 01:43 PM

I call BS
    10-30-13 01:44 PM
    Yeah, about that...U.S. and U.K. spies crack BlackBerry BES encryption, report says - Computerworld

IDG News Service - The U.S. National Security Agency is able to read messages sent via a corporate BlackBerry Enterprise Server (BES), according to a report by German news magazine Der Spiegel. The purpose of this spying is economic or political, and not to counter terrorism, the magazine hints.

The report, published in English on Monday, cites internal documents leaked by former NSA contractor Edward Snowden.
    If this is accurate I don't think he is on the BBRY Christmas party invite list.
    10-30-13 01:53 PM
    Why are BlackBerry phones so different? They make phone calls just like any other phone, so monitoring who you talk to is no problem. They also access your email just like any other phone. They can be remote-wiped in the event of loss or theft but so can any other phone. What am I missing?
    10-30-13 02:03 PM

Never. Have you not met a real life conspiracy theorist? They don't stop. Ever. And if you find evidence to disprove the conspiracy theory, that then becomes part of an even larger conspiracy.

Been studying The X Files for 20 years. I think I got a handle on this. LOL.

Posted via CB10
    Tre Lawrence likes this.
    10-30-13 02:07 PM
    CIA or the NSA could care less if blackberry dies or not.

Posted via CB10
    10-30-13 02:07 PM
    1. No need to kill it when you can simply beat it into submission, force them to play ball like everyone else and give up open access to the information streams.

2. I love the part in these discussions where we pretend the only intelligence agencies are American ones.
    10-30-13 02:22 PM
    CIA, definitely no, there are more blackberries then every other phone put together at Langley.
    10-30-13 02:25 PM

Posted via CB10
    So what you're saying is that they DO care a bit?

SwiftKeyed/Flowed via Tapatalk 4 Beta
    Barljo, kbz1960, raino and 3 others like this.
    10-30-13 02:27 PM
    Do you think being a foreign company has any bearing on what the NSA can or cannot do? The activities of the NSA are much more restricted within the US than outside it.
    10-30-13 02:28 PM
    My mate Mandy on whatsapp informs me they're up to no good.

Posted via my CB Q10
    10-30-13 02:29 PM
    The government doesn't want to kill BlackBerry; it does not want to eliminate the BlackBerry option for its own users. The government does want to herd the sheeple, en masse, to the less secure platforms.
    Frosty_Power likes this.
    10-30-13 02:31 PM

Posted via CB10
    The CIA or NSA couldn't care less if Blackberry disappears or not. It is not CIA or NSA that can do that but people behind NWO and the banking cartels. They also control the trade and that way have the ability to affect how it ends up in retail and at what priority.

However, I their first choice is to buy Blackberry and its asset, like Microsoft bought Nokia. It's funny how Nokia suddenly make profit right after Microsoft bought them.
    jupiter8 likes this.
    10-30-13 02:34 PM
    tell that to Angela Merkel, her voice and data have been intercepted by NSA for years and years. She does use a Blackberry but they do not care what phone people use because they intercept the data in transit. NSA developed the encryption so no matter what it is they are able to decrypt it
    10-30-13 03:12 PM
    The only way the CIA could bring down BlackBerry if they were somehow able to get their master spy Thorsten Heins into the upper echelons of the company. And what are the odds of that?
    10-30-13 03:12 PM
    I call BS
    Last Quarter reports:
    Apple record sales
    Google record sales
    Nokia record sales
    Samsung record sales

Blackberry record write off
    10-30-13 03:14 PM
    The government doesn't want to kill BlackBerry; it does not want to eliminate the BlackBerry option for its own users. The government does want to herd the sheeple, en masse, to the less secure platforms.
    It is not what platform someone use it is what network they use. Please inform yourself, Blackberry are secure on BES outside of it they are as secure as any other platforms and the same is for other OS on secure networks.
    amazinglygraceless likes this.
    10-30-13 03:19 PM
    tell that to Angela Merkel, her voice and data have been intercepted by NSA for years and years. She does use a Blackberry but they do not care what phone people use because they intercept the data in transit.
    Gotta laugh at the smokescreen diversion being applied to the public now. Just read that the NSA leader has "hinted" at scaling back its surveillance of foreign leaders, the people it might actually be authorized to have under surveillance. Why isn't the focus on the NSA's real traitorous activity: surveillance of Americans? So, it's *** backwards. All this outrage over surveillance of Merkel serves to divert the American public's attention away from what actually matters: surveillance of itself.
    10-30-13 03:23 PM
52 123