How does setting up call forwarding (through my carrier Verizon) effect my ability to receive SMS text messages? If my calls are forwarded to another number, do I still receive text messages on my blackberry? Thanks
    08-31-08 09:25 PM
    I don't have Call Forwarding as an option, but it should be easy for you to test this yourself. Forward your number, then send yourself an SMS. I would be surprised to learn that call forwarding affected SMS at all, so please post your results.
    08-31-08 11:16 PM
    Affect. The word that you want to use is affect not effect.

Anyways, call forwarding will only affect your SMS if people are calling your messages to you unseltesd of texting them.

In other words, no. Call forwarding sends 'calls' to another number. That's actually what happens then you get a voice mail. The call is forwarded to your voice mail box.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-01-08 01:20 AM

Anyways, call forwarding will only affect your SMS if people are calling your messages to you unseltesd of texting them.

In other words, no. Call forwarding sends 'calls' to another number. That's actually what happens then you get a voice mail. The call is forwarded to your voice mail box.

So if one is sent a text, but the number has been forwarded to another phone, you're saying they'll still receive the text?
    09-01-08 01:28 AM
    It depends on your network. you should really just call your carrier and ask. I know on my network when I forward one number to another, texts are NOT forwarded.
    09-01-08 03:53 AM
    On Sprint, if the phone is call-forwarded, text messages do NOT forward, they go to the phone number to which they are originally addressed.
    09-01-08 06:20 AM

And... what word did you want to use?
    09-01-08 10:09 AM
    And... what word did you want to use?
    Methinks he meant "instead."

What unseltesd means, I have no idea.
    09-01-08 10:34 AM
    You should really just call your carrier and ask. I know on my network when I forward one number to another, texts are NOT forwarded.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    danieljames
    09-01-08 12:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD