Hi there.

My BB Flip uses the one the right, but I'm not too sure!

edit:
    well, based on just adjectives, micro <<<< mini so i THINK i am using a microUSB. but like i said, i'm not too sure and would rather rely on experts. unfortunately, i have NO miniUSB devices/ports to compare it to
    07-23-09 09:29 AM
    Both. The Pearl, Curve and 88's all use the USB mini connection.

Later generation BlackBerry switched the USB micro connection.
    07-23-09 09:39 AM
    You are correct. The Flip uses Micro USB just like the Storm, Curve 8900 and Tour phones do. I think my Bold was the last phone out that still uses the mini USB like all the 8800's did. Anyway, you have a MICRO USB connector.
    07-23-09 11:32 AM
    The Bold uses the one to the left
    (mini).
    07-23-09 11:33 AM
    Oh and BTW, don't try to use the Motorola adapter as pictured on the right side of the pic. It's still a Micro USB connector but the amperage and voltages are different. I couldn't charge my Motorola stuff with my BB chargers even though they are the same connector. Be sure they are intended for BB use.
    07-23-09 11:35 AM
    I seem to recall various Phone makers came to an agreement on a standardized port for data/power recharge and the result was the Micro USB.

Form a set date forward all new phoens aare supposed to use this port.

Pros seem to outdo cons in new phone charger standard - CNET News

Apple, others agree to universal cell phone charger standard in Europe | Wireless - CNET News
    07-23-09 12:07 PM
    I seem to recall various Phone makers came to an agreement on a standardized port for data/power recharge and the result was the Micro USB.

Form a set date forward all new phoens aare supposed to use this port.

Pros seem to outdo cons in new phone charger standard - CNET News

Apple, others agree to universal cell phone charger standard in Europe | Wireless - CNET News
    Hopefully the US will be included. I wouldn't put it past some of them to make two versions - one for the EU with a microUSB port, and one for the US where they can still charge extra for a power adapter.
    07-23-09 03:12 PM
    Oh and BTW, don't try to use the Motorola adapter as pictured on the right side of the pic. It's still a Micro USB connector but the amperage and voltages are different. I couldn't charge my Motorola stuff with my BB chargers even though they are the same connector. Be sure they are intended for BB use.
    kk thanks for the heads up.

it seems i will have to buy a mini usb to usb cable for my razr. do you know if a syncing cable (aka charging via USB) is harmful to the electronic?
    07-23-09 03:49 PM
    thanks folks......
    07-25-09 12:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD