I mean us BlackBerry users are very patient. We have gotten use to the delays and now expect it. But the people that have already jumped ship don't have patience for BlackBerry. It's one thing letting us BlackBerry fans down but now for the 1st time they have let down the Android and iPhone users down.

When BBM was supposed to go live I had 5 or 6 friends constantly asking every 30 mins. Is it out yet? What's taking so long? What's the latest information on BBM? And the very next day ALL of them said I don't even want it anymore, I'll stick to Whatsapp.

This time around BlackBerry did not only delay it but I'm sure they made most of us feel completely stupid. I told everyone of my friends to download BBM the day before it came out and it failed and made me feel stupid now I'm sure when I tell them get ready again most will just ignore me.

If BlackBerry really thinks that it will be 1 million downloads within hrs I think they will be wrong. That hype has died once again.

It's in Beta again PLEASE do they really expect us to believe that. It's in beta until the sale of the company then magically it will be released. They care more about the sale then they care about the users. They don't want the stock to rise so they are keeping it in beta to keep people interested.

I really wonder about the people who run this company. Facebook is such a successful company because it's run by someone who is young and knows what will Intrest the younger crowd.

BlackBerry now has something amazing and they really don't know it, it's called BBM channels but instead of showing it off (Instagram sold for a billion) they are acting like it's nothing. These guys are so far behind it makes me laugh they are already looking at bbm channels like it's going to fail so they put up that 4sale sign. I pray that the sale goes through then bbm channels takes off and brings BlackBerry back to life then those idiots are going to be like "man I didn't know it was going to be that successful why did we throw in the towel so soon"

Sent from the Amazing Z10
    10-07-13 01:34 PM
    Yeah!

BB Z10 Rocks!
    10-07-13 01:45 PM
    I think a lot of people lost interest
    10-07-13 01:50 PM
    That's why I didn't say to anyone that it was coming until I knew it would be good and work, I just don't have much faith left and didn't want to look like an ***.

Posted via CB10
    Jonathank and fanisk like this.
    10-07-13 02:27 PM
    I think the reality that many people are finally starting to understand is that BB has never really been much of a SOFTWARE company. Their expertise has been mostly hardware, and they've been super-slow at adopting cloud-based services, which the industry has been saying for more than a decade is the (near) future. Well, that future is now (and, more correctly, came about a couple of years ago), and BB is still unable to deploy a working, multi-platform cloud-based service.

Why? I believe, and have believed for years, that BB simply doesn't attract the best software talent, but perhaps more importantly, their CULTURE does not reward software development or software solutions. BB has always wanted to sell HARDWARE, so I get the impression that software guys were seen as second-class citizens within BB. Another issue is that almost all of their software guys come from Waterloo, while other companies bring in devs from all over the world, giving a much broader perspective (which is generally LISTENED to).

BB has always seemed to have a "my way or the highway" leadership style, which stifles innovation. We've certainly heard that over and over from former BB employees as well. I think in the end, BB's corporate culture has been THE most important reason for its failures.
    10-07-13 03:39 PM
    I'm guessing BBM will be coming to Android and iPhone. But as far as your OP goes regarding Blackberry thinking if BBM will be successful, I'd take a good guess and say their priorities and focus are on the potential sale of the company.
    10-07-13 03:42 PM
    I think the reality that many people are finally starting to understand is that BB has never really been much of a SOFTWARE company. Their expertise has been mostly hardware, and they've been super-slow at adopting cloud-based services, which the industry has been saying for more than a decade is the (near) future. Well, that future is now (and, more correctly, came about a couple of years ago), and BB is still unable to deploy a working, multi-platform cloud-based service.

Why? I believe, and have believed for years, that BB simply doesn't attract the best software talent, but perhaps more importantly, their CULTURE does not reward software development or software solutions. BB has always wanted to sell HARDWARE, so I get the impression that software guys were seen as second-class citizens within BB. Another issue is that almost all of their software guys come from Waterloo, while other companies bring in devs from all over the world, giving a much broader perspective (which is generally LISTENED to).

BB has always seemed to have a "my way or the highway" leadership style, which stifles innovation. We've certainly heard that over and over from former BB employees as well. I think in the end, BB's corporate culture has been THE most important reason for its failures.
    According to articles I've read, the cloud services are not always secure, maybe that's why BlackBerry was slow to get it. Sometimes BlackBerry needs to tell people why they don't like a certain app or idea.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-13 03:50 PM
    Will BBM4ALL launch before the Fairfax due diligence period is up on 4 Nov?

It's been over two weeks since the botched launch and no update from BBRY other than vague "we're committed" statements. Maybe BBRY should buy Snapchat. They seem to have figured out secure cross platform messaging.
    10-07-13 04:49 PM
    I was wondering about this too.
    BBRY put a probe with fake BBM apps, beta tested us, and declared something like 1 million downloads in 8 hours, which has never been proven. Only BBRY were saying so.
    What has really happened might be that, they put a probe in, market reaction was lukewarm, and decided to postpone it indefinitely.
    There never really was a sign that Androids or iOS embraced the BBM4ALL in the last many months in spite of BBRY's hyping it up continuously.
    Everything in a typical BBRY fashion. Consumers are always used. Perhaps more to do with their own financial maneuvre.
    Sorry, but I do not trust them, do you?
    Any credible sign that they are going to do this in the very near future? I doubt it.
    10-08-13 07:09 PM
    What is this 'BBM' the OP speaks of?
    10-08-13 07:42 PM
    According to articles I've read, the cloud services are not always secure, maybe that's why BlackBerry was slow to get it. Sometimes BlackBerry needs to tell people why they don't like a certain app or idea.

Posted via CB10
    ^this

They could be leading the forefront and be a well respected authority on mobile security. Be the reference implementation if you will, a model for others to follow.

In Dimentia Five maybe i guess... such a shame.
    10-08-13 07:46 PM
    You know, seeing the way things have played out the last few weeks with cross platform BBM and it being delayed, I can
    see people losing interest and not caring. All I know is that if it comes out and people like it, nobody will care or even remember
    that it was delayed. Interest can swing either way these days when it comes to tech.
    10-08-13 07:54 PM
    that was the company's chance to make BlackBerry somehow relevant again through BBM and they lost it.

Posted via CB10
    10-08-13 08:17 PM
    I don't think that it really matters one way or another. Users on ios and Android already have alternatives. Cross-platform BBM being delayed will not change that. To my friends on other platforms, the BBM delay does not seem to matter to them.

My feeling regarding BBM is that when it eventually launches it most be close to perfect with very few glitches. Hopefully they will make sure that shortly after launch both video chat and BBM voice chat will be made available.

Posted via CB10 from my spectacular Z10
    10-08-13 08:25 PM
    The thing is that in countries like India, Indonesia, Nigeria EVERYBODY will get cross platform bbm

So even if it is not initially a big success elsewhere they will be able to report doubling or tripling the user base and it will seem like a big success

Posted via CB10
    10-08-13 08:27 PM
  16. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Hopefully. In the next two weeks we will see BBM4ALL launch.

Then, when up and running, I will ask my friends to download the bbm app.... not before it's successfully running.

Posted via CB10
    10-08-13 08:28 PM
    Hopefully. In the next two weeks we will see BBM4ALL launch.
    BBMforsome
    10-08-13 08:30 PM
    Management said they will launch BBM in the summer. They were unfortunately misquoted. BBM is suppose to launch in the Indian Summer.
    10-08-13 08:37 PM
    I cant believe there are actually still people who think blackberry has a future and people actually care about BBM. This company is over, it's not even going to become a niche company it's just going to get sold then broken up into assets and turned for a profit.
    10-08-13 08:40 PM