That is the fundamental question. Has Blackberry actually changed to be consumer oriented? Their advertising says they have. But have they?

My recent experience with the Playbook and Customer Service has left me with a bad taste and a large doubt. BUT, what happened yesterday does give me a glimmer of hope. I had responded to one of their surveys with some pretty negative comments. They were polite and professional, but strongly negative. I've done that before and never seen any indication anyone cared.

But, this time I received an email asking when the best time for us to talk would be. Then, within the time frame I gave them, a Blackberry representative called me. It took some time for us to get on the same page because he was immersed in the old mind set. But we did get on the same page, I think. He listened to my points and told me he would refer them to his supervisors. That, at least for me as an individual consumer was a first.

Maybe, just maybe, after so many years not doing so Blackberry is actually going to look at things from the user's perspective. That can only be a good thing.
    04-03-13 08:18 AM
    Out of curiosity, what was the "old mindset"? I've generally had a decent experience with them. Of all manufacturers I've dealt with, Apple has the best customer service for me ... though it wasn't always this way. Samsung has made me want to start swinging at customer service reps. ("Not my problem ... go here. No ... we can't help you either ... go search our website).
    04-03-13 09:20 AM
    BlackBerry customer service has been great in my experiences. But the whole old mindset you're talking about..i dont think It's there at all but what is the old mindset exactly

Posted via CB10 - FINALLY
    04-03-13 09:25 AM
    I was wondering the same thing. What do you mean by old mindset

Posted via CB10
    04-03-13 09:28 AM
    I have had nothing but a good experience when working with then RIM. When there battery broke my first curve, they overnighted me a new one. Free of charge.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-13 09:56 AM
    I'm also curious what your feedback was.
    04-03-13 10:35 AM
    I was wondering the same thing. What do you mean by old mindset

Posted via CB10
    +1

Posted from my Z10. via CB10
    04-03-13 10:39 AM
    I tried Apple phone support once for an iPad 2 issue and they sucked. All they talked about was signing up for a service plan, and didn?t solve the problem I was having. Maybe in store support is better.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-13 11:06 AM
    I have worked with RIM Customer Service on a number of issues, most when my wife and I both had the 8350, and found them to be some of the most helpful reps I have ever worked with... RIM even replaced one of my phones that was out of warranty, at no charge without being asked! When my Playbook needed repair the rep was empathetic and took ownership of the problem. I have had to deal with Apple, HP, Toshiba, Sony, and Samsung customer service over the years and have to say NONE of them came close to the level of service given by RIM/BackBerry!
    04-03-13 11:35 AM
    Wouldn't the old mindset mean he didn't think bb cared about the consumers? Cmon guys catch up. Personally I've had great experience from bb. When I was on att they always made me call bb instead of them dealing with me. But I'm glad to hear your point of view and the possible change for you
    04-03-13 01:56 PM
    That is the fundamental question. Has Blackberry actually changed to be consumer oriented? Their advertising says they have. But have they?

My recent experience with the Playbook and Customer Service has left me with a bad taste and a large doubt. BUT, what happened yesterday does give me a glimmer of hope. I had responded to one of their surveys with some pretty negative comments. They were polite and professional, but strongly negative. I've done that before and never seen any indication anyone cared.

But, this time I received an email asking when the best time for us to talk would be. Then, within the time frame I gave them, a Blackberry representative called me. It took some time for us to get on the same page because he was immersed in the old mind set. But we did get on the same page, I think. He listened to my points and told me he would refer them to his supervisors. That, at least for me as an individual consumer was a first.

Maybe, just maybe, after so many years not doing so Blackberry is actually going to look at things from the user's perspective. That can only be a good thing.
    If you are asking about customer service then I am not sure. Never had to deal directly with blackberry. But as far as consumer oriented no blackberry is not. They are an enterprise provider. They've always made that clear.

Posted via CB10
    04-04-13 10:50 AM
    It must depend on the customer service person you get, personally I've had great service. I called once for a problem concerning my Playbook, had to send it in, it was replaced with a new one. I relieved a follow up letter and phone call from a supervisor. I didn't think it could be better!
    04-04-13 11:15 AM
    Blackberry staff are generally more than willing to help. Only thing is from my experience with the playbook support, I knew more about the playbook than the rep did and it was a complete waste of my time.
    04-04-13 11:38 AM