A couple years back I used to work for a company that was hired by BlackBerry to help market the PlayBook. My team and I which consisted of over 2000 of us all over the US. were sent to Best Buy, Staples, Walmart, Carrier Stores etc etc to sell this PlayBook.

We dressed in white shirts with the BlackBerry logo and black pants (you might have seen us and still see us) we were not really BlackBerry employees in fact we had about 3 days of training which most of them were not even BlackBerry fanatics as myself but were Iphone and Android User's to the max. If we didn't own a BlackBerry we were forbidden to pull out our phones (how can you sell something when you don't even believe it can sell?)

Anyway 2 weeks before the PlayBook dropped to $199 my manager knew I was a straight BlackBerry fan and pulled me to the side and gave me some inside information. BlackBerry was going to drop the price to 199$ for Black Friday Of course I wanted to spread the hype and get people interested here on CB

(BlackBerry didn't want that to be leaked because it would have hurt sales for the time being BUT wouldn't you think the people who paid $499 2 weeks earlier be out raged that the PlayBook was now less than half the price and complain feel like they got scammed? and at the end of it be upset with BlackBerry?) So of course I leaked that shhtt to CB But that was taken "with a grain of salt" What's CB with this salt? Enough with the "grains of salt" (a few days before black Friday CB leaked the same thing but that info was given to them WEEKS before, they were late)

So after my post the very next day my manager told me that the Headquarters at RIM called her and were furious and wanted to know who was Jonathan K? Is he part of Team BlackBerry? and of course Jonathan is my first name and my last begins with K lol I was caught but because RIM knew I was the best employee with the MOST Knowledge about how to use and sell this PlayBook (I was the only person on the team who actually owned a playbook prior and didn't need training) they gave me another chance I just had to take down my post immediately lol.

At the end BlackBerry monitors CB daily so don't think you are not being heard I think you just need a catching headline so that they actually click on the post

Sent from the Amazing Z10
    09-26-13 11:35 AM
    A couple years back I used to work for a company that was hired by BlackBerry to help market the PlayBook. My team and I which consisted of over 2000 of us all over the US. were sent to Best Buy, Staples, Walmart, Carrier Stores etc etc to sell this PlayBook.

We dressed in white shirts with the BlackBerry logo and black pants (you might have seen us and still see us) we were not really BlackBerry employees in fact we had about 3 days of training which most of them were not even BlackBerry fanatics as myself but were Iphone and Android User's to the max. If we didn't own a BlackBerry we were forbidden to pull out our phones (how can you sell something when you don't even believe it can sell?)

Anyway 2 weeks before the PlayBook dropped to $199 my manager knew I was a straight BlackBerry fan and pulled me to the side and gave me some inside information. BlackBerry was going to drop the price to 199$ for Black Friday Of course I wanted to spread the hype and get people interested here on CB

(BlackBerry didn't want that to be leaked because it would have hurt sales for the time being BUT wouldn't you think the people who paid $499 2 weeks earlier be out raged that the PlayBook was now less than half the price and complain feel like they got scammed? and at the end of it be upset with BlackBerry?) So of course I leaked that shhtt to CB But that was taken "with a grain of salt" What's CB with this salt? Enough with the "grains of salt" (a few days before black Friday CB leaked the same thing but that info was given to them WEEKS before, they were late)

So after my post the very next day my manager told me that the Headquarters at RIM called her and were furious and wanted to know who was Jonathan K? Is he part of Team BlackBerry? and of course Jonathan is my first name and my last begins with K lol I was caught but because RIM knew I was the best employee with the MOST Knowledge about how to use and sell this PlayBook (I was the only person on the team who actually owned a playbook prior and didn't need training) they gave me another chance I just had to take down my post immediately lol.

At the end BlackBerry monitors CB daily so don't think you are not being heard I think you just need a catching headline so that they actually click on the post

As a playbook fan and BlackBerry loyal, if I were you I would have done the same. These things can't be kept as a secret. You have to tell it, actually scream it. Anyhow, that's how corporates work, if you are with them, behave according to them. I still wished if BlackBerry could just give their whole marketing to us crackberry.com family. Though there are few who constantly abuse, but Nevermind there are people like those. I hope BlackBerry is seeing this.
    -a very big loyal family called the crackberry.com community.

Proudly Z10ing. 24F40D3B
    eldricho and Jonathank like this.
    09-26-13 11:50 AM
    It's no secret (at least not to me) that CrackBerry is an extension of BlackBerry.

Posted via the Super BlackBerry Z10
    09-26-13 12:05 PM
    Well if they do read Crackberry's forums we should see a new politic regarding price tags!
    We are a lot here to concord that premium prices were and would be a big marketing error.
    So please more aggressive price tags!
    150-450 euro would be very tempting for a lot of consumers who would accept BB10 platform as a still young but very promising OS and their adhesion to it would help BB's appstore development (more clients=more developers).
    Remember BB:

Does BlackBerry Actually look at CB posts? Yes and here's the  proof-img_00001496.jpg

Posted via CB10
    09-26-13 02:32 PM
    BlackBerry police might be watching.

The creative designers, marketing, and managment sure aren't.....
    The were a number of discussions about how important
    • Pricing would be to launch the new device... MS was subsiding the heck out of their launch devices.
    • Hardware needed to be top of the line, don't leave any room for comparison to the old BlackBerry and 1-2 year old hardware
    • OS needed to be bug free (or as bug free as possible)
    • Apps we did not expect overnight that every place they listed apps for iOS and Android that we would see BB10 listed. But the big name apps like Netflix, Candy Crush, Instagram... they needed to be there at launch.

All of this months, or years before the launch, and yet the Z10 was the best that they could do...
    09-26-13 02:42 PM
    Alternate explanation: She told you about the price cut, knew you well enough to know exactly where you'd post it, and just bluffed with the "Headquarters called" line. If you were willing to violate your NDA, it's reasonable to believe she was willing to lie, right?
    09-26-13 02:43 PM
    Why would you use you're real name to leak secrets? Lol!

A few Bb employees have triggers if their name is used Alec Saunders I believe has a search trigger if his name is posted here.
    09-26-13 03:15 PM
    There were two members here a couple of years ago who were from BlackBerry, but I don't remember their names.

They did not hide their affiliation.

Also, Albert Kinsella recently posted about the BBM launch.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-13 03:22 PM
    There were two members here a couple of years ago who were from BlackBerry, but I don't remember their names.

They did not hide their affiliation.

Also, Albert Kinsella recently posted about the BBM launch.

Posted via CB10
    albert!? lol
    09-26-13 03:24 PM
    albert!? lol
    LOL!!!!!!! A L E X!!!!!!

Alex Alex Alex Alex

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using CB Forums mobile app
    09-26-13 03:33 PM
    Alec Saunders has posted here as well.
    09-26-13 03:37 PM
    LOL!!!!!!! A L E X!!!!!!

Alex Alex Alex Alex

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using CB Forums mobile app
    For a second I thought you were being clever and circumventing the 'keyword trigger' for his real name that the previous post talked about.

Lol

Posted via CB10
    09-26-13 03:42 PM
    For a second I thought you were being clever and circumventing the 'keyword trigger' for his real name that the previous post talked about.

Lol

Posted via CB10
    No love, just being thick as a plank......

Posted via CB10
    09-26-13 03:49 PM

We dressed in white shirts with the BlackBerry logo and black pants (you might have seen us and still see us)
    Sorry for slamming the door in your faces...I thought y'all were Mormons or some such
    09-26-13 06:44 PM
    Maybe so but none of the management including her knew I was on CB. I don't think she lied because she never went to the site and had to be people higher up. None of the marketing people I worked with knew anything on CB so it had to come from higher up because I posted thinking no one was watching and literally the very next day I was caught

09-26-13 06:52 PM
    I really didn't think the marketing team that was hired by BlackBerry would have noticed and still don't..... so it could have only been the BlackBerry police

09-26-13 06:54 PM
    I really didn't think the marketing team that was hired by BlackBerry would have noticed and still don't..... so it could have only been the BlackBerry police
    Argument from personal incredulity. It's when you don't believe something, and use that as evidence that it can't be true. Because you don't believe it.

Occam's Razor comes to mind.

But possibly a pro-BB mole inside NSA funneled it back to them...
    09-27-13 01:52 PM
    A new branch of the NSA? eheh

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    BBVegasGirl80 likes this.
    09-27-13 01:58 PM