Your experience may be different from mine, but very rarely do I find what I want from AppWorld. I would much rather google for any apps I want than spend time not finding them on Appworld. The search often brings up completely irrelevant things even when I type exact app names. A lot of what I want doesn't even seem to be there most of the time anyway.

On a separate but related note, I just switched to a bold 9780 with OS 6. I lost some of my apps to OS 5, but I was lucky to get pandora back soon enough. Weather channel is gone for me now and I can't find it on app world (big surprise). Seriously, when I first heard of Appworld I was excited and imagined that it would make my life easier by consolidating all my app searches in one convenient location, but my experience has been far from it.
    Last edited by Bio; 12-05-10 at 10:05 AM.
    12-05-10 08:38 AM
    App World has been more of a PITS then anything else. I purchase all my apps right here in the Crackberry app store. You can log into your Crackberry account and all your app/theme purchases are listed there. You can also have "auto update" on so when an app or theme has been updated you will be notified by email. No problems.....no issues.
    12-05-10 09:03 AM
    Someone in some random post (i can't remember now) called upon RIM to rename it to AppVillage instead.

Apps are limited (yes we know) and the search return results are not accurate at all. What's even more complicating is that you can purchase apps from Mobihand instead of AppWorld. Talk about consistency.. lol
    12-05-10 10:01 AM
    I actually like App World (surprises me too ) My only real issue is the featured
    apps and what they consider the Top 25 at any given time.

Also, the new App World eliminated the Top Free section and that is a bit annoying.
    12-05-10 10:35 AM
    I've seen tons of complaints about app world, I dunno why but I've had zero problems. If it aint there then its not available for my device

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-05-10 10:54 AM
    I actually like App World (surprises me too ) My only real issue is the featured
    apps and what they consider the Top 25 at any given time.

Also, the new App World eliminated the Top Free section and that is a bit annoying.
    The top free section is still there for me. You should be able to find it by clicking on the trophy icon and scrolling to the right
    12-05-10 11:24 AM
    I never enjoyed using App World. The majority of people I know who use BBs don't even have it downloaded.
    12-05-10 11:41 AM
    The top free section is still there for me. You should be able to find it by clicking on the trophy icon and scrolling to the right
    Yes, I know. I just liked it more when it was it's own separate icon. Little
    thing I know but the way it is now is kind of a mess.
    12-05-10 12:25 PM
    What's a bit confusing to me about AppWorld is some of their Featured Apps which they promote as being "Regional Features" (or something like that) but they're usually for Canada. I have nothing against Canada, but if you're gonna have Regional promotions then at least make them relevant to the region(or, jeesh, even the country) where I live.

12-05-10 07:45 PM
    App world works well enough for me. But I agree, the search is ridiculous. Type in "facebook" and even sorted by "relevance" the facebook app itself is the 6th item down the list. Really? Logically, it should be the first.

12-06-10 10:14 AM
    App world works well enough for me. But I agree, the search is ridiculous. Type in "facebook" and even sorted by "relevance" the facebook app itself is the 6th item down the list. Really? Logically, it should be the first.

LOL! so true!!
    12-06-10 10:20 AM
    Not a fan, don't install it. I use mobihand for apps.
    12-06-10 10:25 AM
    For both appworld and the Crackberry app store, I don't browse. If I hear about something I might want from CB, or wherever, I will explicitly go into one or the other to find that one thing.

I use appworld for most freebie things and try and restrict purchases to the CB store....
    12-06-10 10:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD