I'm ones of the one's who had to pay $449 with tax right around $500, i wanted the phone real bad and i looked around for it under $300. i could not justify $500 on "a phone" finally my girl when out one day and bought it for me. well within a week a pop got spilled on it and i told her if I cant get it working I'm taking another five out of the bank and getting another Curve i cant live with out it
    06-20-08 09:13 AM
    I'm ones of the one's who had to pay $449 with tax right around $500, i wanted the phone real bad and i looked around for it under $300. i could not justify $500 on "a phone" finally my girl when out one day and bought it for me. well within a week a pop got spilled on it and i told her if I cant get it working I'm taking another five out of the bank and getting another Curve i cant live with out it
    I hope it's under warranty!
    06-20-08 09:16 AM
    well i left the battery out for 2 days and had to clean the track ball but it works fine, this happened at the first of this year. still goind strong
    06-20-08 09:26 AM
    I'm on vacation in fl. With my brother in law and his wife. I can't tell you how many times they have asked me"why do you waste so much time looking at that thing"?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-20-08 09:32 AM
    My habit, my money, my passion, my berry... I am all grown up now and those that don't like something about me are more than welcome to walk on the other side of the street. Harrrumph!

06-20-08 09:41 AM
    Its all good ,, I agree IT IS MONEY WELL SPENT. I hope we have BB in the After life (if there is one).
    Ha
    06-20-08 09:47 AM
    well, my father bought mine for me, and my mother always makes fun of me when she hears the "ding" of sms and jivetalk messages flying back and forth! she doesn't think it's a waste of money so much as a waste of time! ****, i could have asked for the iphone and REALLY set them back (at a far lower quality)!
    06-20-08 03:10 PM
    ya, only because I got a curve 2 months after getting my 8800
    06-20-08 03:29 PM
    Everyone thinks its a waste...........
    I'm in highschool, and my parents bought me my first phone when we started selling Alltel (Verizon?) phones....and it was a berry, I wanted a HTC Touch at first but a guy from RIM got me hooked, and I begged and begged and my dad took the touch and he loves it.......I personally hate it....I love me pearl though, and my mom wants a pearl now too.... starting to hate her MOTOROKR
    But everyone at school either thinks its a waste of money, or that I'm rich (am not.....i drive a minivan )......
    My brother is jealous that he don't get a phone and says its a waste.......
    But I'm stuck to BB for life now... I plan on getting a new one when I graduate in a year or so..........

YA BERRY!!!!

oh yeah forgot to add anyone have ideas on how to get to be allowed to use your phone in school........not calling, or txting but email/calculator/etc......
    our school has a dumb no cells allowed rule......... but it is soo hard to leave my berry...............................am I addicted?.....
    06-20-08 03:50 PM
    I wasn't even planning on buying a Berry when I walked into Verizon a couple of days ago, I just wanted my Voyager fixed.. well, I'm in love now with my Pearl.

As far as the no phone rules at school, I'm in highschool too, and I've found a few ways around things..
    06-20-08 04:05 PM
    money well spent no doubt about it!

06-20-08 04:07 PM
    I don't care what anyone else thinks!!! I'm the BOSS!!!

agreed 100%
    06-20-08 04:43 PM
    My wife thinks it was a bad idea. But I will get heer to come around and see the light one day.

06-20-08 04:49 PM
    ummm i dont think so no ones ever said anything if they felt that way... but thats probably cause I would look them in the eyes and say "your FACE is a waste of money" ::grins and walks off::
    06-20-08 04:51 PM
    For all those shocked by the low cost of the pearl or other BBs you have to shop 'round! I got my 8130 for 59 bucks at Best Buy during a promotion... And yes, it was money WELL spent!

06-20-08 04:56 PM
    Love my Curve. Paid $99.99 cheaper than some of the flip phones I have had. Since BB's are more than just a phone they are well worth the price. I have convinced most of the people that say they are not worth it to see that they are.

06-20-08 05:09 PM
    I just remembered how badly one of my friends talked about how much I spend on phones. I told her that my next phone was going to be a BB, and this heffa got one the very next day. I'm talking about someone that has difficulty understanding what the "start" button on her computer is for!

She got it for less than nothing; but still ....
    06-20-08 05:35 PM
    Only 5 more Scan..........
    Hahahaha!!! I just realized what you went by this J. I hit it by the time I caught on. D@mn shame it took me all day to figure it out. 500 + 1
    06-20-08 05:38 PM
    No one has said that to me. However, they don't know that I spend $29.99 for a data plan every month, either.

It's totally worth it to me. It's fun and it keeps me more organized than I ever was.
    06-20-08 11:25 PM
    I satarted with a 7250, it was free with my plan and so i went for it, the rep actually advice me not to get it, he basically said that the phone was crap, and that i should get an LG Chocolate instead (you can have mp3 ringtones! yay!) and even though i didnt knew anything about BB's i still chose the 7250 (best decission i've ever made), so after a year of having my beloved BB with me i decided to finally upgrade for the Curve, it cost me over 300 bucks and a plan with a different carrier and i dont regret it one bit.
    06-21-08 11:47 AM
    Not anybody who knows me and my BB.

06-21-08 11:58 AM
    Nope all of them were well worth it. Just the other day I picked up a 8310 off of craigslist. I answer an ad about something else and mentioned a trade for a BB and she said on way I have a curve and the keys don't work. I asked her what she was going to do with it and she said pitch it. I offered to take it off her hands for her. I am such a nice guy HUH? Took it apart and the was an incredable amount to lint and dirt cleaned it out and to my satification it worked remarkable. Even email her back and told her it was fixed would she like it back. " nope that thing is too delicate for me." Lucky Me
    06-21-08 11:59 AM
    Nope all of them were well worth it. Just the other day I picked up a 8310 off of craigslist. I answer an ad about something else and mentioned a trade for a BB and she said on way I have a curve and the keys don't work. I asked her what she was going to do with it and she said pitch it. I offered to take it off her hands for her. I am such a nice guy HUH? Took it apart and the was an incredable amount to lint and dirt cleaned it out and to my satification it worked remarkable. Even email her back and told her it was fixed would she like it back. " nope that thing is too delicate for me." Lucky Me
    Thats Awesome!! Good for you Threefive ima have to start browsing craigs list a little more...
    06-21-08 12:06 PM
    Everyone I know that DOESNT have a BB gives me **** about it...
    I mean, I got my Pearl for free w/ a new contract, but with Otterbox, Screen Covers, 4G mem card, some apps and the AT&T Unlimited BB Data Plan, I have spent quite a bit more than most folks with "normal" phones...ha!
    LIKE I CARE!!!! SO, SO, SO, SO worth it!!!
    06-21-08 12:09 PM
    Thats Awesome!! Good for you Threefive ima have to start browsing craigs list a little more...
    Craigs list terrifies me - I try to stay off it as much as possible. Too many call girls..
    06-21-08 12:11 PM
101 12345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD