Personally, I hate the way you cannot search simply by typing on the passport with the latest os. On my q10 running 10.2, I liked how it cleared the search out every time. On the passport, you have to hit the X to clear out the last search you had.

I'm going to experiment with simply closing the assistant app altogether and just opening it with an icon on the home screen. I really hope there's better options in future updates.

This is the single thing I hate about my passport and the new os. My q10 beats my passport every time when it comes to search, launching apps and using the keyboard for extremely fast productivity.
    02-05-15 08:36 AM
    go into the assistant options and turn off remember history?
    02-05-15 10:46 AM
    go into the assistant options and turn off remember history?
    It's not the "history of previous searches" that is the problem
    It's that if I search for something "os" then close assistant. The next time I open assistant, the search field is still filled in with "os"..

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2243
    02-05-15 11:47 AM
    I was trying to understand what you were describing because I never had to clear previous search. Did you mean after you've done the first search then open assistant again from active frame state, the word you search is still there?
    If so, it is there.
    But I don't open assistant to do search second time. Even though assistant is sitting as active frame, I just start typing again. It works fine that way.

Posted via CB10
    02-05-15 12:12 PM
    I was trying to understand what you were describing because I never had to clear previous search. Did you mean after you've done the first search then open assistant again from active frame state, the word you search is still there?
    If so, it is there.
    But I don't open assistant to do search second time. Even though assistant is sitting as active frame, I just start typing again. It works fine that way.

Posted via CB10
    Weird, seems to be a bug
    Because it definitely doesn't always work. Sometime I just start typing and the old query is still filled in. Happens a few times per day
    I'm using passport and have never opened assistant via the icon. I always just start typing and occasionally the old query is still there

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2243
    02-05-15 12:23 PM
    The old search is always there unless I close the active frame. This is the annoying part. On my q10, the active frame can stay open and each time you did a search, the search field was cleared.

This seriously puts the brakes on your searches.
    02-06-15 01:52 PM
    The old search is always there unless I close the active frame. This is the annoying part. On my q10, the active frame can stay open and each time you did a search, the search field was cleared.

This seriously puts the brakes on your searches.
    There's an active frame for voice assistant on pre 10.3? I thought if you swipe up then it goes away. No?

Posted via CB10
    02-08-15 01:18 AM
    Why would you leave Assistant in an active frame? I start typing to do a search, when I find what I'm looking for, I close Assistant. Then if I have to do another search, I just start typing again. Same with voice commands - press the middle button on the volume control and start talking. No need to keep it open.

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Passport
    02-08-15 10:54 AM
    I read that you can open assistant by holding down a button on the keyboard and it doesn't have to be the media / convenient button? Or is that only for the classic?

Posted via CB10
    02-08-15 08:01 PM
    I do experiment the same issue and I find it annoying to close the active frame. Hope it will be corrected in the next updates.

Posted via CB10
    02-08-15 09:17 PM