I've been reading about how most insurance provided by carriers doesn't cover Blackberry phones.

Does anyone know of a private company?
    02-27-08 10:50 PM
    If you have home owners insurance you could probably add it to your coverage.
    02-27-08 11:10 PM
    You can go to any insurance company (State Farm, Allstate, etc) and ask for a Personal Articles Policy. You don't need home owner's insurance nor car insurance with the carrier. Insurance companies can set them up as stand-alone policies.
    02-27-08 11:20 PM
    Hey VZW is it cheaper? I think I pay $7 monthly for insurance and the deductible is $50. How much would everything cost through private insurance?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-27-08 11:36 PM
    It depends on where you live, the amount of the coverage for reimbursement claimed, etc. I suggest you contact an insurance company and get a quote. I'm guessing it'll be a lot cheaper than the $84/year you're paying at VZW...
    02-27-08 11:42 PM
    I've looked at some companies -

Safeware
    Gadget Guardian
    SquareTrade
    Asurion

I'm a bit prone to Gadget Guardian since its only $10/month and that covers 8 list-approved items.

Just google any of the names & I'm sure you'll find the sites w/ no trouble.

Wonder if any of us CBers use of these companies..

02-28-08 12:35 AM
    I purchased a "Stuffback" label for about $6. It offers a reward for the return of the device. Stuffback offers the reward and you can add an additional amount if you want. I placed my sticker inside the battery cover b/c if someone finds it and tries to use it for themselves, they'll take the cover off to insert their sim.
    StuffBak - Protect Your Mobile Assets
    Go to their site and check it out. I have their labels on all of my portable electronics.

Lis
    02-28-08 05:03 AM
    This is the company I use! wirelesssafeguard
    02-28-08 05:38 AM
    Try these guys out...they insure individual customers and cover up to 5 phones. You'll have to call for a quote. Make sure to do some good research on them before you start paying premiums.

Wireless Safeguard Insurance for BlackBerry, Palm Treo, and other AT&T Cingular Devices
    02-28-08 05:42 AM
    I'm definitely gonna do some research on your suggestions guys - THANK YOU!

Once I get around to calling all of them for quotes, I'll post - just in case anyone else is looking!

I'm always looking for feedback since I haven't made my decision yet..

02-28-08 06:08 AM
    You're welcome
    02-28-08 06:55 AM
    $5.99 a month for a curve. $69.00 deductible. Insurance kicks in 31 days after you sign up. Will replace with a new, like or refurbished. $25.00 cancellation if you cancel before the year is up. Pretty much the same as Asurion, only asurion is $50.00 deduct and only availble with VZW
    02-28-08 12:14 PM
    what insurance are you talkin about chief? i used to have asurion w/ nextel/sprint a few years ago..

02-28-08 12:24 PM
    The 8310 comes with a 1 year warranty, and I bought it with my credit card which doubles that. It's rare for me to keep a phone for 2 years without upgrading, so i'm not all that worried. If I lose it, i'll just buy a new one and expense it.
    03-02-08 08:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD