I don't know if others have experienced my same issue, but I can't seem to do the DtG upgrade to 1.006. It gives me a 907 error. I have followed Dataviz's tech support on the issue, yet I still cannot resolve it. Any help would be great.

Thanks!
    02-26-09 08:40 PM
    Try installing the update using the alternative method. You can download the 1.006 version from the following link. Then copy the entire contents to your device memory. Go to the media app, press the bb key and click explore. Finally navigate to the folder you copied to your device memory and click the jad file to install.

http://download.dataviz.com/support/...ta_os45-46.zip

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by ArmaK; 02-26-09 at 08:50 PM.
    02-26-09 08:48 PM
    I tried the app loader (DM) and it doesn't recognize the software after I've unzipped it. What am I doing wrong?
    02-26-09 08:50 PM
    I tried the app loader (DM) and it doesn't recognize the software after I've unzipped it. What am I doing wrong?
    You don't use the app loader to install after downloading. You use mass storage mode to transfer the entire folder to your device memory. Then you use the explore option in the media app to go to the folder and click on the jad file to install.

02-26-09 08:58 PM
    I just want straight to the app opened one up the hit the bb button and went to look for upgrade ...and it was all smooth sailing from there
    02-26-09 09:08 PM
    Maybe I've got the jacked up phone. I did the app loader installed from the phone as well (did this a few times) and each time it failed. I've uninstalled the app and reinstalled it. I've tried it OTA. Nothing seems to work. I can get the initial DtG installed on my BB, but I can't upgrade to save my life.
    02-26-09 09:29 PM
    Do you think it has something to do with me already having documents on my media card. I get to prompts before it errors out.

1. Documents to Go will be replaced by Documents to goataViz, Inc. Proceed? Yes or No. I hit Yes.

2. The download module is incompatible with the data already stored on the device. Upgrade anyway? Yes or no? I hit Yes and then get the error that the download failed, error 907.
    02-26-09 09:40 PM
    Do you think it has something to do with me already having documents on my media card. I get to prompts before it errors out.

1. Documents to Go will be replaced by Documents to goataViz, Inc. Proceed? Yes or No. I hit Yes.

2. The download module is incompatible with the data already stored on the device. Upgrade anyway? Yes or no? I hit Yes and then get the error that the download failed, error 907.
    do you have the older version on ya berry ?
    02-26-09 09:42 PM
    version 4.5
    02-26-09 09:43 PM
    I believe she has the version that comes pre-loaded on the OS when downloaded from RIM. I was trying to help her load it on her device, but I didn't know where to point her after she said that she couldn't do the OTA update.

02-26-09 09:46 PM
    Correct, I've got the version that came with the 4.5 upgrade.
    02-26-09 09:47 PM
    Originally, she didn't have it loaded on her device, and we it loaded up all the way to the part where she has to do the OTA update to get sheet to go, that's where the problem is. On my Curve, I didn't have a problem doing the update, and I'm not really sure where to direct her from there.

On the file that you downloaded from the website that you tried to load thru DM, is there a .alx file in that download that you could poing your DM towards?

02-26-09 10:04 PM
    There is no .aix file in the dl. Oh, this is so frustrating. Thanks for working with me on this problem.
    02-26-09 10:07 PM
    I'm stumped!! Did you do a battery pull after you tried the update?? I know that the phone resets after you initially add Docs To Go, but maybe this would help?? And you did register with the DataViz site correct?

02-26-09 10:10 PM
    Yep, I did the battery pull just as described in the documentation. To make matters worse, I had to use DM to fully uninstall docs 2 go because their way of uninstalling didn't work. I'm also fully registered.
    02-26-09 10:12 PM
    This has me completely baffeled. I can't understand why it's throwing up an error message. Did you try it both thru word to go as well as slide to go? I may be grasping here but anything's worth a shot by now!

Is there a FAQ on the DataViz site or some sort of troubleshooting link? Maybe a tech support e-mail? I wish I had the solution to your problem, it's bugging me!

02-26-09 10:22 PM
    This has me completely baffeled. I can't understand why it's throwing up an error message. Did you try it both thru word to go as well as slide to go? I may be grasping here but anything's worth a shot by now!

Is there a FAQ on the DataViz site or some sort of troubleshooting link? Maybe a tech support e-mail? I wish I had the solution to your problem, it's bugging me!

i just pmed her on some stuff to try hopefully it worked .... lets see
    02-26-09 10:26 PM
    Cool I hope it works!!

02-26-09 10:27 PM
    Have you tried to uninstall the current version of documents to go that you have on your device. Then doing a battery pull and then using the update link to just install the 1.006 version. What the update does is just replace the files that you have on your device with the new files. If you don't have the original files on the device, it should just install those files.

02-26-09 10:28 PM
    I used the upgrade button on both slides and word 2 go. Neither works. Then I followed Dataviz's instructions regarding error 907. My last resort is to call them since they don't have email.
    02-26-09 10:28 PM
    If one of the other users can do a backup of their third party apps and take just the files for Documents to go, zip them together and post them onto a site like megaupload or rapidshare, I can create an alx file that you can use to install using DM. I would do it with my files but they are for the storm only.

02-26-09 10:32 PM
    Ah!! That would be so great. I have all the files on my desktop, how do I get them to you?
    02-26-09 10:33 PM
    Ah!! That would be so great. I have all the files on my desktop, how do I get them to you?
    Are they the files from the ota link? If they are, it might not work since those files are split into subfiles that make it easier to download. If not, then just throw them together into a folder, make a zip file from the folder and upload it to rapidshare.

02-26-09 10:36 PM
    They are the OTA files. :-(
    02-26-09 10:38 PM
    You can see the split files that I'm talking about if you look in the folder, you will see DocsToGoCommon.cod and then 13 other files named DocsToGoCommon (1-13).cod. When these files combine they form the main app (DocsToGoCommon). If I was able to get someones backup, I can get the combined version of these files.

02-26-09 10:45 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD