Hi there,

Can anyone give me guidance on transferring documents (not ringtones, music, vids or pics) from my laptop to my bb 8310.

I have tried a number of different ways, and fail every time.

Is this doable? It seems it should be, considering there is support for viewing a number of dox on the BB, but all I have seen is guidance on media transfer.

thanks, -Kjartan
    03-14-08 12:00 PM
    I know this post is old, but anyway, yes you can transfer documents from your laptop to your BB via bluetooth.

First, pair the two devices:
    --In the Bluetooth options for each device, set it to "Discoverable," or "Shown to all." Most phones default to "Hidden."
    --Have one device search for other devices to pair with.
    --Enter the pairing codes (usually 0000 or 1234) into each device.
    The BB will ask you if you want to remember the paired device for future connections. Choose yes or no.

Next, go to your full BB Home Menu and go into "Media". On the menu, you'll see an option that says "receive using bluetooth". Hit this option and your BB will wait for a connection.

On your laptop (PC I assume, if you're using a Mac I can't help you), click the bluetooth icon in your system tray (bottom right corner). Then hit Send a File, choose your device (your BB), then choose your file. And send it. When you hit send, the BB will let you choose where to Save the file and also if you want to rename it.

To send files (other than music, videos, ringtones, pictures, and voice notes) like documents from your BB to your PC via bluetooth, you check out this post (sorry you'll have to copy the address into your browser, I'm new so it won't let me post links yet!): forums.crackberry.com/f42/how-can-i-transfer-word-files-via-bluetooth-329022/
    Last edited by team_fozz; 12-24-09 at 07:11 AM. Reason: Updated info to include forums.crackberry.com/f42/how-can-i-transfer-word-files-via-bluetooth-329022/
    12-24-09 07:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD