Hello everyone

It may be silly - yes I know it is - but I lost the little suitcase icon for the Docs To Go and now I had to put the 3 icons in a common folder.

Any solution to that?

03-19-09 02:20 PM
    OCD?
    03-19-09 02:52 PM
    Did you change to a different theme?
    03-19-09 02:59 PM
    Did you change to a different theme?
    Yep, I did... several times since installing it.
    03-19-09 03:15 PM
    Yep, I did... several times since installing it.
    Look around your berry, it might be in the download folder...
    03-19-09 03:38 PM
    it can be theme dependent
    03-19-09 03:55 PM
    it can be theme dependent
    I found the 3 little apps its just the folder... interesting enough I did go back to my original Rogers theme and the icon wasnt there anymore, a folder replaced it with the 3 apps inside...
    03-19-09 03:57 PM
    Look around your berry, it might be in the download folder...
    Ok.. this may sound newbie but... download folder?

lol
    03-19-09 03:59 PM
    On my phone, and maybe your's too, I have a download folder that they all go into initially and then I move them from there to where ever

There are some exceptions though, like apps that integrate themselves and don't deposit an icon. I'm sure there are other exceptions too.
    03-19-09 05:01 PM
    I only have 2 items in docs to go.. word and powerpoint. where is excel reader?
    03-19-09 05:08 PM
    If you register the version that came with your it will be updated to include Sheets To Go. Not to be confused with the Premium Edition which isn't free.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-19-09 05:21 PM
    On my phone, and maybe your's too, I have a download folder that they all go into initially and then I move them from there to where ever

There are some exceptions though, like apps that integrate themselves and don't deposit an icon. I'm sure there are other exceptions too.

I have a 8310 and it doesnt have a downloads folder... or... what am I missing?! lol
    03-19-09 06:26 PM
    I have a 8310 and it doesnt have a downloads folder... or... what am I missing?! lol
    I'm not that familiar with the 8310, could be you don't have one and that it's related to the phone itself or the OS. Mine, (my first BB), came with it and does as I described. When you download an app does the icon for it appear at the bottom of your apps screen? I'm thinking it does then if you don't have a dl folder. Not a biggie anyway but are you still with the original OS?
    03-19-09 06:33 PM
    I'm not that familiar with the 8310, could be you don't have one and that it's related to the phone itself or the OS. Mine, (my first BB), came with it and does as I described. When you download an app does the icon for it appear at the bottom of your apps screen? I'm thinking it does then if you don't have a dl folder. Not a biggie anyway but are you still with the original OS?

No, it came with the 4.2 from Rogers, then I upgraded to 4.5, thats when I got the DocsToGo. Then I changed themes from the Rogers theme to a couple of ones until the one I have settled on now and the suitcase icon disappear, depending on the theme I am using, the Sheet to go disappears too...
    03-19-09 06:36 PM
    Yeah I realized after I asked the OS question that you were using D2G...

The disappearing could be theme related due to certain colors and backgrounds. I've seen it happen with menus in Bolt and Opera but not D2G or parts of it.

Try going back to the theme you last had when you had no problems and see if that changes things, if you haven't tried that already.
    03-19-09 08:07 PM
    I'm going to take a stab at this. By any chance, is your theme a 3rd party theme designed for an older OS version than what you are running now? I have a theme designed for OS 4.2 that will run on my 4.5 OS, but the icons are a little strange because I have some apps on my BB that just weren't around back in the 4.2 era. Could that be it?

03-19-09 08:47 PM
    The theme I'm using is actually the Classy Corners Refresh Dark or Pink L designed by trimax84 here from CB - who btw does a wondeful job - and as far as I'm concerned are designed for 4.5 OS

03-19-09 10:00 PM
    Not all 3rd party themes, support the Documents to Go briefcase folder icon. (In fact most of them do not.)
    03-19-09 10:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD