Is there a way to get docs to go on my iPad without having to pay for it again because I already bought it on my Torch and want to use the serial number on th iPad version as well. Thanks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-16-11 11:51 AM
    You could try emailing Dataviz and letting them know you would like to transfer your license from the BB to the ipad, BUT you would have to stop using it on the BB.
    03-16-11 12:35 PM
    You could try emailing Dataviz and letting them know you would like to transfer your license from the BB to the ipad, BUT you would have to stop using it on the BB.
    Yeah but I can't download it without buying the app from the app store and I couldn't find anyother way to download a trial version.

03-16-11 01:39 PM
    If you do what pkcable said and Dataviz agree t it, I'm sure they will provide a link for you to download it.
    pkcable likes this.
    03-16-11 02:42 PM
    If you do what pkcable said and Dataviz agree t it, I'm sure they will provide a link for you to download it.
    Yea I forgot to say, it's up to Dataviz, as they may charge differently for the ipad version, BUT it's probably cheaper so they might go for it. (I know the iphone version is cheaper)
    03-16-11 03:13 PM
    I highly doubt they will do it, but they may. I tried the same thing with BeeJive (I know it is a different company, but you will most likely have a similar experience). I already had a BB license and an iOS license, and tried asking them since I am already a customer of theirs on two other platforms if they can waive the fee for the Android version. They said no. I refused to pay another $10 for the same exact product. Some companies don't value their customers like they should.
    03-16-11 03:21 PM
    Almost any company will not port licenses cross-platform.

It's not generally realistic either since they are distributed on completely different systems for each platform.
    03-16-11 03:25 PM
    Almost any company will not port licenses cross-platform.

It's not generally realistic either since they are distributed on completely different systems for each platform.
    In the case of getting it on Android or BB, it should be fairly easy because you do not have to use an app store. They should be able to look up your records and provide you with a download link. They know if you paid or not.

Simple example. You buy World of Warcraft for the PC. You own it for both the PC and Mac. Cross platform license out of the box. You just go to the website download and install the client you need (at least this is how I remember it from years ago). Yes this is for computers, but it should be able to be done for mobile devices that do not require an App store for downloading.
    Last edited by avt123; 03-16-11 at 03:47 PM.
    03-16-11 03:44 PM
    You don't have to, but you can purchase docs to go on the iphone app store for example (and app world)...

So now you get to cross check that a purchase was made in one system, then credit a purchase on a new platform based on that purchase (which the registration process for the two different apps on the two different platforms might not be the same)....
    03-16-11 03:48 PM
    It's certainly worth a shot asking.
    03-16-11 03:50 PM
    You don't have to, but you can purchase docs to go on the iphone app store for example (and app world)...
    On iOS you have to. I am saying for devices that don't need an App store to purchase things, free downloads for those who already have a license on another platform should be easily doable.
    03-16-11 03:50 PM
    So now you get to cross check that a purchase was made in one system, then credit a purchase on a new platform based on that purchase (which the registration process for the two different apps on the two different platforms might not be the same)....
    But it shouldn't matter. If they use the same email, provide the same name, and information it should be easily doable. An email confirmation can be done. Then just send a link to download, install and be done with it. Now the serial associated with that link, can now be linked to the other serial that is on the other platform. It will now all be on one master account.
    03-16-11 03:53 PM
    Ok guys (and gals) ill definitely give it a shot and report back to what they say, hopefully they do it

03-16-11 04:22 PM
    Good luck.
    03-16-11 05:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD