Can new documents be stored to the sd card?

TIA
    10-04-08 09:11 AM
    Yes they can, in fact a trick is to keep a blank document on your card. That way you can make new documents. Reason for doing this is the free version allows you to save documents but not create new documents. With this workaround you can.
    10-04-08 09:19 AM
    Yes they can, in fact a trick is to keep a blank document on your card. That way you can make new documents. Reason for doing this is the free version allows you to save documents but not create new documents. With this workaround you can.
    Can you please explain to me how to do this?

TIA
    10-04-08 09:24 AM
    Create a blank document using office on your computer. Then hook up your bb to your pc and copy the document over to the memory card on your bb.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-04-08 09:45 AM
    Before copying blank documents to your memory card, it is a good idea to mark them as read-only using the file browser on your computer. For example, in Windows Explorer right click the blank document you created and select Properties. Check the box for Read-Only and press OK. Now copy the document to your memory card so you can use it to generate blank documents on your BB without the risk of accidentally saving over it.
    10-04-08 10:09 AM
    CeluGeek, hey that's a great tip, never thought of that one

10-04-08 10:15 AM
    Thanks guys! I am running the trial version of docs to go so I created a blank document to my card from that. Is that still the same thing or do I still need to do what u suggested above?

TIA

10-04-08 10:18 AM
    I'd still mark those blank documents as read-only unless you are determined to buy the professional license of Documents To Go.
    10-04-08 10:47 AM
    Will do

Thanks

10-04-08 02:26 PM
    WoW that is cool! I never thought of marking it as read only.

Also I will mention one other thing you can do. I excel a lot at work and I have some documents that change on a regular bases and I don't have the desktop manager installed on my computer at work so I just e-mail the file to my self and than save it to my phone.

10-04-08 07:52 PM
    Which version comes with 4.5?
    10-04-08 08:00 PM
    If You Dont Have Ms Office What Other Software Can I Use To Use Docs To Go
    04-12-09 03:19 PM
    The Basic version of Documents to Go comes with the 4.5 version of the phone OS.

OpenOffice is an option if you don't have MS Office.
    04-12-09 03:44 PM
    If You Dont Have Ms Office What Other Software Can I Use To Use Docs To Go
    I haven't tried it personally but I heard you can also use open office to do the same thing.

04-12-09 03:54 PM
    I haven't tried it personally but I heard you can also use open office to do the same thing.

I use open office, and you can save them as .doc format
    04-12-09 06:08 PM
    I use open office, and you can save them as .doc format
    Thanks for letting me know, it will come in handy if somebody asks me for an alternative again.

04-12-09 06:52 PM
    The other thing you want to do too with the blank doc is to "save as" and give it a new name before you start writing in it. This will allow you to always retain the blank on your BB so you'll always have the "blank" as a template.

04-12-09 07:21 PM
    You guys are pretty smart, but I find the money spent for Documents To Go Premium Edition was well worth it, but it's nice to see there are work a rounds for the Basic Free edition.
    04-12-09 07:22 PM
    The other thing you want to do too with the blank doc is to "save as" and give it a new name before you start writing in it. This will allow you to always retain the blank on your BB so you'll always have the "blank" as a template.
    Or just set it as "Read Only" on your computer before you send the blank document to your BlackBerry and you won't have to remember to use "Save As..".

It will prompt you for a new name automatically.
    04-12-09 08:26 PM
    That was already said.

04-12-09 08:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD