View Poll Results: : Do your friends come to you with Blackberry questions? Post a Poll

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • A few

1 5.56%
  • Many

6 33.33%
  • All

9 50.00%
  • None

2 11.11%
  • I go to my friends for help

0 0%
  • Even split. I get asked and I get help

0 0%
    A few of my friends have blackberries and it never ceases to fail that whenever they have a question or a problem they come to me for help. Today I walked a friend through installing an OS update on his Curve so he could install BBM 5.0 (which I told him about). I gave my brother my old Curve last week (his first BB) and have been bombarded w/ how-to questions. The list goes on and on

The thing is I actually love helping them out. I direct them to this site of course but it doesn't stop them from asking me everything. Does anyone else have this happen to them?
    07-28-09 09:54 PM
    I don't get too many questions, but I seem to be the person everyone goes to. Last week my friend got a Tour (first smart phone) so I've been helping her a bunch with it. She seems to be getting the hang of it... She loves it though!
    07-28-09 09:56 PM
    Gave my friend my old Curve 8310 and she loves it. She comes to me for help but she has only had it a few weeks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-28-09 10:00 PM
    I get the questions as well. Even if I see someone with a berry and really don't know them I ask how they feel about their bb. Usually afterwards you hear "I just wish I could/it would" stuff and I just start trying to help them from then on.
    07-28-09 10:07 PM
    yes, for reasons unknown.
    07-28-09 10:08 PM
    I feel like BB support for my friends and family. "when are you gonna update my OS", "how do you do this", "i'm scared to pull out the battery, come do it for me". It's kind of fun for a while, but once the word gets out, you need a separate calendar for your tech support work.
    07-28-09 10:09 PM
    Put up a poll for you.
    07-28-09 10:12 PM
    I feel like BB support for my friends and family. "when are you gonna update my OS", "how do you do this", "i'm scared to pull out the battery, come do it for me". It's kind of fun for a while, but once the word gets out, you need a separate calendar for your tech support work.
    Lol..this is exactly what I go through. For some reason I like it though.
    07-28-09 10:15 PM
    By the bye, my vote was "a few". Most of my real friends know
    enough to not bother me and read the manual, use Google, search
    this site, etc..... I am here if all else fails.
    07-28-09 10:21 PM
    Lol..this is exactly what I go through. For some reason I like it though.

It's still cool when I have time, but I told one of my friends to RTFM because the answer to her question was literally on page 1 and she looked at me like I kicked her dog.
    07-28-09 10:46 PM
    With me it's with "cellphones" in general from family and friends
    07-28-09 10:49 PM
    Sometimes they do...not all of them have bbs though.
    07-28-09 10:51 PM
    I'm sort of the technology guru with my friends and family. In a way, it's really bad when I go back to college because something funky happens with phones/computers/routers and they don't have a clue what to do! And I called up and everyone's freaking out.

People often ask me about phones, plans available, and what I can do with it. I'm a strong advocate for BB, but I can voice positives about the iPhone too.

Everytime anyone comes over to my place, the first 5 min is usually spent with them "playing" my new tech stuff...kinda funny really.
    07-28-09 10:58 PM
    I was the first one of my friends to have a Blackberry. therefore everybody who has followed in my footsteps comes to me with anything and everything BB... even their friends come to me... I should start charging. lol but that is against my good nature
    07-28-09 11:24 PM
    most of my friends and family come to me when something happens to there phones(mostly berries). I had many of them change to a berry so they think that makes me there tech. i love it through. They all use bbm and most of them have acounts on here but they never asked crap they just ask me and i do what ever it is they want.
    07-28-09 11:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD