Me and my friends often go over to whatsapp because it takes very long for messages sometimes to deliver, it gives you the grey checkmark. Sometimes it can take 10 minutes for a message to deliver, that kinds renders IM useless..

But whatsapp is instant, I don't think this is a network provider problem as I am on wifi most of the time, and various friends are either on Vodacom, cell c or MTN. Or on wifi with the same ISP or a different one.

I'm not hating on Bbm, I love BBM and whatsapp.

Anyone else got this?
    Cheers

Posted via CB10
    08-07-14 12:48 PM
    By all means I prefer bbm over whatsapp, this delivery issue does bug me however.

Posted via CB10
    08-07-14 12:49 PM
    I haven't noticed a delivery delay. Hubby even BBMs his daughter in Australia and the exchange is instant from our house in Canada to hers in Australia.

Posted via CB10
    08-07-14 12:56 PM
    Not really - occasionally when my wife is on the phone it'll take a minute before the check turns to Delievered.
    08-08-14 10:05 AM
    The only problem I have encountered is when I BBM a friend who uses an S5 on the Wind network. More than likely it's a network problem Imo.

Z30 and loving it!
    08-08-14 11:19 AM
    They grey checkmark just means that the other phone haven't answered. It's the equivalent of getting one "tick" on whatsapp

Posted via CB10
    08-08-14 11:53 AM
    I BBM voice call and is perfect and clear. I have no such issues with my Z30.

From my ? phone
    08-08-14 01:00 PM
    Yes - I see this all of the time with my Android and iOS friends that use BBM - especially over the last couple weeks. BBM seems pooched right now because it's killing my battery at an alarming rate since the last official OS upgrade in addition to the exacerbated late delivery issue. Don't worry, Blackberry will tell you nothing is wrong until they fix it, and everyone on Crackberry will tell you to reload your OS because they aren't having any issues!
    08-08-14 01:04 PM
    They grey checkmark just means that the other phone haven't answered. It's the equivalent of getting one "tick" on whatsapp

Posted via CB10
    Not the same as Whatsapp. When delivered there should always be a D... except for the known iOS issues preventing delivery if the BBM app hasn't been recently opened.

But there are occasionally issue with BBM delivery that are definitely NOT network related... as when they occur Whatsapp still works to/from the same contacts on the same networks.

Posted via CB10
    08-08-14 01:07 PM
    Yes - I see this all of the time with my Android and iOS friends that use BBM - especially over the last couple weeks. BBM seems pooched right now because it's killing my battery at an alarming rate since the last official OS upgrade in addition to the exacerbated late delivery issue. Don't worry, Blackberry will tell you nothing is wrong until they fix it, and everyone on Crackberry will tell you to reload your OS because they aren't having any issues!
    Ditto that.

Posted via CB10
    byrdbrained likes this.
    08-08-14 01:08 PM
    What I have noticed is that sometimes the recipient has already received and read my msg in bbm but on my end it still shows a gray checkmark. Next thing I know, I'm getting a reply from the other person and my checkmark turns to R.

It chalked it up to a wifi/mobile Internet problem or hiccup where my phone didn't received the response that the recipient phone sent advising the message was received and read. **** happens.

The only thing whatsapp has over bbm is the groups which are easier to use, they have bigger thumbnails for pictures sent, you can mute the group( in bbm sometimes it will vibrate every so often and the light still freakin blinks and the hub gets all excited. I get it but I don't care for it.) and some of the whatsapp smileys are funnier and easy to play and make jokes with. Also the smileys stay open until you're done selecting them.

Posted via CB10
    08-08-14 01:23 PM