Maybe a native instagram would finally work on my device. Until then I use igrann. So yes.

Posted from my white Z10. HTTR
    01-06-14 09:51 PM
    Lol I know that, but what do people do on it? From what I've heard from friends, all you do is post photos? If that's true then what's so unique about it? Why do people need to have a social network specifically to post photos when you can put them on facebook or Twitter? Makes absolutely no sense to me if that's all its used for
    [/QUOTE]

Honesty. This is honesty. You said what millions may be thinking. It started a trend. Others have now posted that they have doubts about photo sharing commenting apps. There is not much value added in posting photos in the current system.

I'll agree that Instagram was worth a lot of money (for Facebook!) to grab the teen market at that time. Now, they got the users. Can they keep them as they age? The more life experience one has, the less one needs to use a photo to express what one sees around oneself.

One day, people are going to look back and say it was a phase. That is many years from now.
    01-06-14 11:17 PM
    Honesty. This is honesty. You said what millions may be thinking. It started a trend. Others have now posted that they have doubts about photo sharing commenting apps. There is not much value added in posting photos in the current system.

I'll agree that Instagram was worth a lot of money (for Facebook!) to grab the teen market at that time. Now, they got the users. Can they keep them as they age? The more life experience one has, the less one needs to use a photo to express what one sees around oneself.

One day, people are going to look back and say it was a phase. That is many years from now.[/QUOTE]

I remember reading this nearly identical post in 1995 only it was about the Internet, not instagram.
    01-07-14 12:33 AM
    You don't really think this right? I mean I wish that were true, or even possible, but BBM has died down dramatically since it launched. It's not going anywhere. I'll put money on it if you want.
    Let's do it. How much you put on it?

Posted via CB10
    01-07-14 01:22 AM
    Posted via CB10
    01-07-14 07:48 AM
    I would like instagram for a moral victory but with the 1925 leak, everything works great for me including video

Posted Via CB10 via Z10 via BB10
    My video is upside down for some reason

Posted via CB10
    01-12-14 12:46 PM
    I don't think BBM / Channels will become a popular thing because the iOS version runs rather poorly and the Android version requires it be running in the notification bar to work properly at all, if it's not it closes after a while and people don't get messages / notifications / etc. I know this because I've experienced it with roughly a dozen Android friends who have since quit using BBM because they;

1. didn't want it running in their notification tray as almost no other messaging app requires.
    2. thought it was silly that they needed to request a higher quality picture to get something above a 15kb file (which is basically garbage quality) which requires the sending person to notice that the request has been made, which means that both parties basically need to be chatting real time otherwise to send one good picture it may require at least 3 correspondences, possibly 4 if the requesting party needs to send another to remind them.
    3. The app functions, on both iOS and Android in a totally non native way so you can experience BB10, from what I've seen people don't like it. I realize there is added functionality coming, but some response I've seen has been "this app is ugly and it doesn't do as much as other apps that most of my friends are already using"

Now I'm American so this lack of interest / adoption could be biggest here, maybe it will catch on in a twitter like way but I have pretty serious doubts, mostly because I think for that to happen it would have to be like BBM originally was, which was installed by default on a large number of devices that sell well that people are buying anyway. The sales numbers are so low that even if it's preinstalled I don't see it making a big impact. It simply isn't doing as much as other apps like hangouts is doing.
    I agree with you mostly, but BBM on IOS is not BlackBerrys fault, we can't blame BlackBerry for the limitations that IOS has, and yes I have proven several times in several threads that it's an IOS Limitation issue so yeah.

Now for BBM on Android you are right about the notification, friends hate it but again BlackBerry has nothing to do with this, it's an Android rule and the reason we don't see this notification on other IM apps is because they don't have the D&R system or the recent updates system which need the app to be always running in the background.

As for the UI, people hate the UI because the chat bubbles are ugly, YES ugly, the amount of space wasted on contact name and profile picture of the contact that I'm chatting with is so damn big, why do I need his name in the bubbles? Why do I need their pic? Why such a big boned bubble? Why isn't it coloured like the old BBOS BBM?

The chat bubbles is a mess! And unfortunately we don't have options anymore like BBOS but the bb10 UI in BBMX is awesome and that's what my friends told me, specially the cascades way of going back!!

Posted via CB10
    01-12-14 01:32 PM
    Just install the leak and grab the .apk for Instagtam as it works just fine on my wife's Z30

Posted via CB10
    01-12-14 01:56 PM
    Instagram is primarily used for people to post pictures of breakfast. Your followers could then 'like' pictures of your breakfast. Then they can leave comments on the pictures of your breakfast.

But it's more than a breakfast-picture social network. You can also post pictures of your lunch...

Posted via CB10
    Ignorance is bliss.

I'm a 24 year old business owner. I use Instagram every day to promote store products, brands, interact with old or new customers.

It's very ignorant to assume Instagram is all about people putting up photos of there food, or only for teenagers. When it's used for the same things Twitter, Facebook, Google+, Vine and soon bbm channels are all being used for. Interacting with your friends and family, sharing photos, videos, funny moments with them etc. And for businesses wanting to interact and share with there customers.

Just because it doesn't fit your needs doesn't mean it's pointless, and just because you feel bbm channels will fail doesn't mean it will.

People laughed and mocked almost every social network when they were first introduced.

Z30 - The Final Destination - Winnipeg Mb Clothing|Footwear|Headwear|Headshop|Tobacconist|Ta ttoos
    01-12-14 04:27 PM
    Yeah this annoys me as well. People calling others kids in an effort to sound experienced or cool.

Why do people feel the need to start calling everyone who likes/wants Instagram "kids"? It's getting on my nerves how these forums are getting full of negativity, trolls and bashers.

Star Wars fan? Come join us C00121E8E
    SDTRMG likes this.
    01-12-14 05:13 PM
    You don't really think this right? I mean I wish that were true, or even possible, but BBM has died down dramatically since it launched. It's not going anywhere. I'll put money on it if you want.
    How much?

? via CB10 app on my BlackBerry Q10?
    01-12-14 05:39 PM
    I actually had a conversation with one of my sales reps last week around social media. She wants to use it but needs to only focus on one or two. After some discussion she has decided on FB - linked with her twitter account - and foursquare.

I had mentioned to her that stats in Europe were showing that FB was dead to the under 18 crowd and if that knowledge would affect her decision not to use instagram in her marketing. To her it's not a problem. Her clients are older and still actively using Facebook. However I can easily see how that would be a different answer for a different business - say a clothing company, music, or anything more targeted at a younger demographic.

So I would like to see Instagram come to Bb10, even though I have no personal interest in it. I'd like to be able to offer it as a business alternative - especially as those who are using it age a bit and become more targets for our marketing. (Home sales)

Posted via CB10
    01-12-14 06:03 PM
    Sure, I won't use it but teens and others will. I simply don't get the interest.

Posted via CB10
    01-12-14 06:05 PM
    It will benefit the platform. If I want a Coke, I buy a Coke. If I want Ketchup, I buy Heinz....iGrann, Catsup...yah, it's close but it's just not the same. And I use neither but a lot do.

Posted via CB10
    01-12-14 07:38 PM
64 123