View Poll Results: Do you use your BlackBerry for music?

Voters
147. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I listen to my music on my BlackBerry

118 80.27%
  • No, I have an ipod/mp3player for that

29 19.73%
06-27-10 11:55 PM
85 1234
tools
    The music player has an equalizer under options.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-19-10 02:51 AM
    Only when I forget my iPod.
    05-19-10 03:01 AM
    it doesn't do that fancy shmancy coverflow crap that the ipod does.
    But yet the OS 6 pictures or vid (i can't remember where i saw it) did have that style media player and Apple just put a patent on their own. I was surprised to see RIM come so close to Apple's after that patent. Maybe they changed it up a little since then.
    05-19-10 08:21 AM
    nope. i really only listen to music while im at the gym, and i have one of the new ipod nanos for that with the arm band (and i'm so ripped that it barely fits over my giant biceps YEAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY).

I leave my phone in the car when I go to the gym. It's so nice to get an hour or so a day of uninterrupted 'me' time.
    05-19-10 08:37 AM
    I don't use my BB exclusively for music, but I do use it often. I have a charging cradle on my desk, and the bluetooth media gateway connected to the stereo. I can listen to MP3s, Pandora, or Sirius all though my office stereo system. Since my Tour sits in its charging cradle, I don't have to worry about battery drainage.

I also like the fact that I can take just one device into the gym.

I still use my Zune quite often though for listening to podcasts, playing videos, listening to music. Everything just seems to sync better to my Zune.
    05-19-10 09:57 AM
    Gave my ipod to my daughter and bought extra batteries for my storm2. I love listening to music on my BB. I absolutely hate the headphones that come with the phones though.
    05-19-10 10:43 AM
    I def use my 9700 as an mp3 player....why not?

05-19-10 10:47 AM
    I have an 8GB card in my Tour that is loaded with music which I listen to thru wireless headphones while on the treadmill and in the gym. Battery drain is fairly minimal and the sound quality is fine using the media player. I love the fact that I don't have to have another device just for music.
    what wireless headphones do you use?
    05-20-10 02:51 AM
    Got an ipod touch and an ipod shuffle that I use to play my music on .Blackberry doesn't play music good for me

05-20-10 07:11 AM
    I still have yet to hear what exactly is "wrong" with a BB, for playing music. Besides, it sounds like crap, but why? I'm no audiophile, but I'd like to think I could tell a weak player when I here one. I don't really get that from either of my BB's playing through my Sennheiser headphones.
    05-20-10 08:19 AM
    I usually use my ipod since I have more selection on it but I do have some music on my BB and I've used Pandora on it as well.
    05-20-10 08:56 AM
    i have an ipod touch for my music...way too much of it to fit, but i do keep a few songs on the bb as well
    05-20-10 09:02 AM
    I use both. When I am running around I use my bb for a select few songs. But I dock my ipod in the car and on the stereo at home.
    05-23-10 11:36 AM
    My blackberry is my MP3 player....no need for apple products
    05-23-10 11:38 AM
    Yup using my bberry for all my music needs
    05-23-10 02:18 PM
    i have an ipod as well as my bb,
    i have afew songs that i put on my memory card, but not to often do i listen to them, my phone dies rather quickly and i hate when that happens.

i prefer to sit at home and listen to all my songs on itunes so taht i don't have to use my phone or ipod
    05-23-10 07:42 PM
    I use my 9700 as a media play all the time.

Podtrapper for podcasts (awesome app), music off my sd card and slacker radio and audible for books (which is does need some work on it's app).

I listen to music often at works and podcasts in my car (over bluetooth). Books on long distance trips.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    05-23-10 07:53 PM
    I use my BB every day for music, be it Pandora, Slacker, Sirius radio, etc.
    05-23-10 10:17 PM
    Due to an upcoming renewal for Sirius (I have a 2 year plan), I decided to try my BB 9700 in the car with Pandora One and the BB stereo music gateway. Result: BB + Pandora One + Music Gateway into an Aux input on factory stereo = bye bye Sirius. The BB/Pandora One setup sounds far better.

I likely will still use my Creative MP3 player or the BB media player for music if I get dropouts on Pandora when on the road and on EDGE. Then, there is always the factory CD player.

I have been a Sirius subscriber for about 6 years. As others have noted, the sound quality has soured over the years. Bass response is not bad, but the splattering treble gets tiresome. Not worth the $s for renewal anymore, at least to me.

I know that Pandora One is not supposed to give a higher data rate on the BB, but it sure sounds better (less treble splatter) than Slacker. I have not upgraded to the paid Slacker yet; not sure if that would make any difference. I updated to Pandora One before I did any serious comparisons of sound quality to the free Pandora.

I also have Wunder Radio on the 9700, but of course sound quality depends on bit rate, which for most stations is not very high.

Just my $0.02... So, add me to the growing list of folks dropping Sat radio.
    06-24-10 11:25 AM
    Due to an upcoming renewal for Sirius (I have a 2 year plan), I decided to try my BB 9700 in the car with Pandora One and the BB stereo music gateway. Result: BB + Pandora One + Music Gateway into an Aux input on factory stereo = bye bye Sirius. The BB/Pandora One setup sounds far better.

Just my $0.02... So, add me to the growing list of folks dropping Sat radio.
    I think that is a great option for those who are on the road alot. I don't travel as much as I once did so plugging in my 160gb iPod to the radio works fine.
    06-24-10 11:40 AM
    I have a 16gb card in my bold that has my music on it. I use my bb exclusively as far as a music player goes. I use it twice a day everyday at the gym.
    06-24-10 11:43 AM
    Yes I listen to Pandora on my blackberry in the car, the gym, basically wherever i go
    06-24-10 11:51 AM
    I have my whole library on my BB but only use it if my iPod Touch runs out of juice, which isn't very frequent.
    06-24-10 12:49 PM
    yes i use my 9700 for music....i dont want to carry around or have to keep up with another device......and itunes sucks, i just use widows media player to add music to my 9700
    06-24-10 12:56 PM
    BB + Pandora One + Music Gateway into an Aux input on factory stereo = bye bye Sirius.
    Well, it is official. The Sirius radios were removed from both cars yesterday and the Sirius subscription was cancelled this morning. Sirius sales rep seemed to not be surprised when I told him why I was cancelling (lousy music and sound quality) and that I now use BB + Pandora. (He even remarked, "I bet that is a lot cheaper, too.") I was expecting a hassle, but not so. He did offer me another year at half price, tho.

So, for anyone seeking a way to enjoy your BB even more, get the BB bluetooth stereo music gateway from our friends here at Crackberry, hook it to your car stereo, and enjoy your streaming radio stations!
    06-26-10 05:06 PM
85 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD