After recently getting my Curve 9360 I've been debating whether or not to get one.

I always find them kind of annoying, I was wondering if anyone has ever scratched their screen or if it's easy to do.

I've just begun a 24 month contract which is why I'm thinking about this, cause I can't just ditch it if something does go wrong.
    09-27-12 09:34 AM
    I have one on my Torch, and it has its pros and cons.

I don't have to worry about the screen getting scratched (which can happen easy if you keep it in your pocket/bag, anywhere but holder).

And it can interfere with the touch screen itself, at times I have to tap a few times to get it to type the letter or click on the icon or whatever I want. Nothing too serious.
    09-27-12 09:49 AM
    Yes... Mediadevil.. Looks as good as when I first put it on 3 months ago, and no it doesn't interfere with the touch screen
    09-27-12 10:01 AM
    Ah okay, mine isn't even touchscreen so I guess I may as well!
    09-27-12 11:24 AM
    I just got a magnetic pocket. Way more protection than a screen protector.
    09-27-12 11:27 AM
    I have one on my playbook,my ipod and my 9900, had one on my 9800,9700,9105,8520 and all my iphones, i cannot use a device without them
    09-27-12 11:30 AM
    Got one on the PB and when i buy a new phone , will do the same.
    09-27-12 12:24 PM
    No screen protector for me.
    09-27-12 12:34 PM
    I never have and so far I have yet to ever damage a screen on any of my devices. Currently I have the PlayBook for the last 1 1/2 yrs, a Bold 9930 for the last yr, and an HTC Evo 4G LTE. No scratch on any of them. Accidents do happen but not to me yet.
    09-27-12 12:40 PM
    I have not felt the need with my pb because its usually in its OBD but I have been thinking about it if it will help me with not having to clean the screen as often.
    09-27-12 12:51 PM
    I've never used a screen protector. Also never had a scratch.
    09-27-12 12:58 PM
    I use one. Why not? Nothing to lose...
    BigwhiteUK likes this.
    09-27-12 01:07 PM
    i use zagg on my 9900, used a smaller crystal (glitter effect) one on my 9360 and it looks new and stylish still. prefer the crystal to zagg in terms of clear screen but i have managed to scratch the black plastic near the blackberry logo on the 9360 so id reccomend the large screen protector if youre gonna be pocketing it a lot
    09-27-12 02:06 PM
    I see no use for having one on my PlayBook as it's a fairly tough, all glass screen. My Torch 9860 OTOH has a coated plastic screen. Sure, the available coatings for plastic screens are fairly good these days but I still don't completely trust them to keep my screen scratch free enough for my liking... so I use a Tr� brand matte finish screen protector... It works pretty good with the touchscreen and is cut to precise tolerances, to boot.
    09-27-12 02:28 PM
    I always use a screen protector. Put the thing on and have one less thing to worry about. None of the protectors I have used, Zagg, BSE, etc have ever affected the function of the device so that isn't an issue.
    09-27-12 02:31 PM
    I work at a cellphone accessory store, and there's different levels of screen protectors. think and durable or thin and limited protection. i use the thin one on my touch screen phone and ive had it for 4 months and it looks/works great, just got a thicker one on my PB and it looks to glossy, im thinking of applying a thin one on mine. although i had my blackberry 9700 for 3 years and never had a screen protector on it, it did get minimal scratches but never anything absurd, although i would recommend it since it isn't a touchscreen so theres no possibility of interference.
    09-27-12 02:46 PM
    I work at a cellphone accessory store, and there's different levels of screen protectors. think and durable or thin and limited protection. i use the thin one on my touch screen phone and ive had it for 4 months and it looks/works great, just got a thicker one on my PB and it looks to glossy, im thinking of applying a thin one on mine. although i had my blackberry 9700 for 3 years and never had a screen protector on it, it did get minimal scratches but never anything absurd, although i would recommend it since it isn't a touchscreen so theres no possibility of interference.
    thats a lot of armour for work must be a very rough part of town
    In all seriousness although offtopic I just wanted to thank you for your service trooper.
    GBA and god bless you thanks to you and all the men and women of Armed forces of the USA.
    09-27-12 03:00 PM
    I used them years back, but not in 3+ years. I've tried lots, and they're horrible. Fingerprints, bubbles. My wife had to have one for her new iPhone at first, then she ditched it. These screens are hard to scratch.
    09-27-12 03:07 PM
    thats a lot of armour for work must be a very rough part of town
    In all seriousness although offtopic I just wanted to thank you for your service trooper.
    GBA and god bless you thanks to you and all the men and women of Armed forces of the USA.
    haha I'm in the reserve, college, work, and army. busy life haha. thank you though
    esk369 likes this.
    09-27-12 10:50 PM
    Never. And have never scratched a screen. And most everything has gorilla glass or equivalent these days anyways, so I don't see the value at this point.
    09-28-12 12:14 AM
    Never ever used one...for 9900 or my earlier 9780, I always use a magnetic holster
    09-28-12 12:38 AM
    No screen protector here.
    09-28-12 01:02 AM
    I'm not using one on either my BB or PB. No scratches from what I can see. I usually wear shorts made from a synthetic material, and the BB is quite slick in the pocket, and it has been launched out many times when sitting down, but not a scratch on it.
    09-28-12 01:30 AM
    I always use a decent screen protector. The phone I got for work has a Gorilla Glas display but no protector. After more than six months of use I can already see some microscratches there. Nothing too annoying but it simply shows Gorilla Glas can't replace a decent screen protector.
    09-28-12 03:49 AM
    Always.
    Protection always.
    BoldAlways likes this.
    09-28-12 04:59 AM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD