Uh nope don't use it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-11-10 06:33 PM
    How do you set predictive text on a 9700

05-11-10 10:56 PM
    I turned it off on my Storm and noticed that it made things easier. I dont have to go and correct all the words it substituted my cuss words with.
    05-11-10 11:45 PM
    How do you set predictive text on a 9700

Options->Language and Input and in there you will see Predictive Text Options.
    05-12-10 04:05 AM
    Options->Language and Input and in there you will see Predictive Text Options.
    Thanks...I have had predictive text on a while back but forgot how to set it...

05-12-10 09:37 AM
    I use it on my Storm2. I add curse words and slang terms to the dictionary so it doesn't correct them.
    05-12-10 11:45 AM
    After playing around with my friend's storm2 I turned the predictive text on for my 9700. At first, I found it to be the most annoying feature. Now, I'm completely use to it. In fact, sometimes my 9700 may glitch, and the predictive text stops working and I actually MISS it. (After a battery pull, it's back to normal.)

05-13-10 03:07 AM
    I don't use it either .It was on by default but I turned it off
    05-13-10 06:43 AM
    Does the Pearl treat Predictive Text differently from Sure-type?

Predictive text is actually turned "off" on my 8100, but the Sure-type is on and that's how I use it. It does figure out what word I want after I've typed it all out, but it doesn't try to guess at the word before I'm done. Only which of the letters I might have wanted along the way, which I just ignore until the word is completed.
    Last edited by joeldf; 05-13-10 at 08:34 AM.
    05-13-10 08:31 AM
    Predictive text seems like a redundancy for a full keyboard phone like the Berry. However, autotext is a winner!
    05-13-10 10:57 AM
    Hi Guys - I have a problem with predictive text on my BB9700. Basically this option just disappeared? I type in two languages (English/German) and it is very handy for German as it predicts the 'Umlaut' letters. Does anyone know how to get the predictive text option back? I have tried battery pull and it worked initially, but now not even that brings this option back. Anyone?
    06-23-10 06:02 AM
    No way, it invariably create's more erasure's
    06-23-10 12:34 PM
    Hi Guys - I have a problem with predictive text on my BB9700. Basically this option just disappeared? I type in two languages (English/German) and it is very handy for German as it predicts the 'Umlaut' letters. Does anyone know how to get the predictive text option back? I have tried battery pull and it worked initially, but now not even that brings this option back. Anyone?
    You've gone into the OPTIONS menu and Language/Text and then ShowTextInputOptions?
    06-23-10 02:46 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD