View Poll Results: do you use the BB default browser?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

33 80.49%
  • no (which one do you use?)

8 19.51%
    i do. just haven't gotten around to trying any others.

if you use a different one...which one and why? if the others are actually that much better then i'll download one.
    04-28-10 08:34 AM
    My wife has a 9630 and I put Driphter's 5.0 hybrid OS on it and it *turbocharged* her BB Browser. That sucker is really fast now. More than adequate to use as the sole browser on her 9630, and she does.

To anyone who is frustrated with the BB browser on their Tour, and who isn't afraid of loading OS's, I'd recommend the Driphter hybrid.
    04-28-10 08:41 AM
    Default - I cannot stand how the pointer snaps around on Bolt and Opera (slow/snappy/grid movement FTL).
    04-28-10 08:41 AM
    I used to use Opera Mini when I was running other OS's. It is very fast. Now that I am using the Driphter hybrid, the native browser is so fast that I am back to using it again.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-28-10 08:42 AM
    My wife has a 9630 and I put Driphter's 5.0 hybrid OS on it and it *turbocharged* her BB Browser. That sucker is really fast now. More than adequate to use as the sole browser on her 9630, and she does.

To anyone who is frustrated with the BB browser on their Tour, and who isn't afraid of loading OS's, I'd recommend the Driphter hybrid.
    I used to use Opera Mini when I was running other OS's. It is very fast. Now that I am using the Driphter hybrid, the native browser is so fast that I am back to using it again.

i'm using 8.2....what about you guys
    04-28-10 09:26 AM
    i dont because i have to click everything 3-5 times to get it to work
    04-28-10 09:26 AM
    same here as soon as i installed a driphter hybrid my native browser has been super fast and i haven't used bolt since
    04-28-10 09:28 AM
    I've used Bolt and Opera mini and still went back to the native browser. I just prefer it over the others.
    04-28-10 10:31 AM
    Opera Mini since the BB OS 5 update the click bug was too annoying. Someone on here suggested Opera Mini and I haven't looked back. I have been problem free until yesterday. Opera would not allow me to scroll through anywhere in the browser and required a full reboot to rectify. Even with those problems IMHO Opera Mini if far better than RIM's native browser.
    04-28-10 11:20 AM
    i use Bolt Browser for full websites. BlackBerry browser for mobile sites.
    04-28-10 11:30 AM
    I use the BlackBerry Browser for everything.

04-28-10 11:40 AM
    I use Bolt or Opera. I only use the BB browser for stuff like downloading JADs.
    04-28-10 12:55 PM
    Don't have OM installed anymore. The lack of SurePress and the sluggish UI drove me nuts.

04-28-10 01:00 PM
    I just Opera to download big files but that's all.
    The native is the best by far.
    04-28-10 01:23 PM
    Tried Opera Mini again today... deleted it.

I hate the way the cursor moves erratically, seems like it's lagging (yes, even after a battery pull)
    04-28-10 02:58 PM
    Yes can't help myself now it seems to be hitting on all cylinders but that could be just me

04-28-10 03:16 PM
    I use the default browser for EVERYTHING. I have tried every iteration of Bolt and
    Opera and they both suck.
    04-28-10 04:38 PM
    I use the default browser for EVERYTHING. I have tried every iteration of Bolt and
    Yeah. The bb browser rocks on this site: Blackberry Software Updates

P.S. Bolt renders it perfectly.

Lol, just had to mess with 'ya. I like the native browser best too

Last edited by travelingfool; 04-28-10 at 04:44 PM.
    04-28-10 04:42 PM
    I always use de Native Browser but when I need to get a better "desktop" experience I turn to Bolt, wich is, by the way, way faster and lighter than �pera Mini!

04-28-10 04:43 PM
    Yeah. The bb browser rocks on this site: BlackBerry® Software Updates

P.S. Bolt renders it perfectly.

Lol, just had to mess with 'ya. I like the native browser best too

Ban him AG!
    04-28-10 04:43 PM
    Ban him AG!
    Lol!

04-28-10 04:45 PM
    I disagree. When I had my BB it was always Bolt or Opera. The BB browser took forever to load full sites that I normally went to. I don't like mobile viewing so maybe that's another reason I prefer those two to the BB browser.
    04-28-10 04:48 PM
    Yes.... I didn't even know there was another option. LOL
    04-28-10 04:49 PM
    Ban him AG!
    If I didn't like him he'd be so gone j/k
    04-28-10 04:50 PM
    I disagree. When I had my BB it was always Bolt or Opera. The BB browser took forever to load full sites that I normally went to. I don't like mobile viewing so maybe that's another reason I prefer those two to the BB browser.
    Yes, it completely depends on the use you make of the browser and the webs you usually use...

04-28-10 04:53 PM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD